Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight Suit Question

• 3 Replies
Flight Suit Question
« on: Nov 24, 2020, 03:31 PM »
I have been looking at all the different threads on how people put together their flight suits from scrubs to one piece flight suits to dickies. I was curious if anyone has used 511 tactical wear, and if so, which style you used requiring the least alterations. I have never tried to sew or anything, so I will be learning that as I go along. Thank you.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Flight Suit Question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2020, 03:52 PM »
As long as the top and bottom match identically in colour and you remove all the pockets I don't see why not. It's a bit more than I would spend for something I'm going to paint and get dirty right away...

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2020, 10:57 PM »
So I use Cargo pants and a tactical shirt for my flightsuit. My shirt has velcro patch areas with a zipper, so I added bicep armor to cover up the zippers then I removes the pockets that couldn't be covered up by my plates.

i hope that helps a little. I'd suggest you to upload a picture of your bodysuit or tentative bodysuit so we can help you our  further! :D

Ego Solus

• Have Gun, Will Travel
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2020, 11:31 PM »
I personally wear 5.11 pants almost on a daily basis, and I love them.  One of the great things I have found with 5.11 is that as long as you buy the right size, they fit really well.  I would be willing to bet that if you decided to go with 5.11, there would be very little alterations required.  Only issue is they tend to have a lot of visible pockets on them.

If you go with 5.11, stick with their 2 or 4 way flex material pants, they tend to be a bit more fitted.  I loved the Ridgeline pant they made, unfortunately I believe they discontinued those.  I thought they would have been a great bottom for a 2 piece flight suit.  You will want to stay away from their Ripstop BDU style pants.  Just like traditional military BDU's, those are a little baggy. 

Using 5.11 would be a rather expensive way to go, however. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!