Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

3D Print SW Canon Weapons then Mod'ed?

• 3 Replies
3D Print SW Canon Weapons then Mod'ed?
« on: Nov 27, 2020, 07:13 PM »
Can I print canon weapons then mod them a bit and still expect them to be approved?

For example - I'd like to print a Scout Blaster and then add some silver or something like a muzzle break or a wood handle or a short bayonet etc.. Approval worthy?
or
Bob Fett's Blaster carbine that I then trick out with wooden grips and a different scope etc... Approval worthy?

Thanks for your help!

As my Ba'buir liked to say, "By saying, "I'll try" you're giving yourself permission to fail or quit. Do it or don't do it. There is no try."
He also used to say, "Be quiet and listen carefully to people you meet... sometimes even frogs give good advice."

jethroskull

• “Ruug'la bal o'r te ara.”
Re: 3D Print SW Canon Weapons then Mod'ed?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2020, 07:37 PM »
As long as it doesn’t break from the swarsy aesthetic then you should be good. A space mercenary would certainly customize their weapons. (Privateers are required to.)

Any advice I give is strictly personal opinion and may not accurately reflect the CRLs. I’m just an Unofficial Member making their way across the galaxy.

A'den Syngh
Gedin’la - Jaro
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2020, 08:50 PM »
@jethroskull

Thanks for the quick reply!

As my Ba'buir liked to say, "By saying, "I'll try" you're giving yourself permission to fail or quit. Do it or don't do it. There is no try."
He also used to say, "Be quiet and listen carefully to people you meet... sometimes even frogs give good advice."
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2020, 03:46 AM »
I would look at it like this, do a search for SOPMOD M-4.  The SOPMOD are the authorized accessories that a US soldier can mount to their issued rifle, so each rifle is going to look different based on mission parameters, skill set, position within the unit, and personal preference; one soldier may like the ACOG another may prefer the EOTech, both are authorized sights, but look and function differently.  The Mandalorians are a military culture, it would stand to reason that a military culture would allow individuals to modify their personal weapons based on skill set or mission parameters.  For you, just don't ruin the aesthetic,

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!