Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

shemagh question

• 3 Replies
shemagh question
« on: Nov 29, 2020, 02:06 PM »
Is the issue of shemaghs the print or the patterns? My intent was to use a section of fabric to wrap so it's thrown over one shoulder, like a short-short cape (I dislike standard capes). It seems to my like the line between wearing a shemagh around your shoulders and a cape is blurry. I can do without the standard store-bought shemagh because of the patterns (I didn't want that part anyways) & just buy an appropriate cloth section and wrap it.

I have a picture that I'll add when I can that shows my intent (@ least it's close): I'm @ work and Imgur is blocked here. I'll  add it when I get home  :D

jethroskull

• Haat Gai
Re: shemagh question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2020, 02:22 PM »
It is the specific pattered item known as a shemagh that is not approvable; around your neck, shoulders, head, or anywhere else.
You may certainly use fabric to create a wrap or scarf, look at any Desert Brigade build. I, personally, just made a poncho with a multi-layered voile scarf/hood.

Any advice I give is strictly personal opinion and may not accurately reflect the CRLs.
Iím just an Unofficial Member making their way across the galaxy.

A'den Syngh
Gediníla - Jaro
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2020, 04:40 PM »
I think I've got it  :like:
It's the pattern and\or the fringe cut. A plain 42" (+ or -) fabric square wrapped around the shoulders isn't automatically disqualified. I was hearing one thing and not the other.  :)

jethroskull

• Haat Gai
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2020, 05:29 PM »
I think I've got it  :like:
It's the pattern and\or the fringe cut. A plain 42" (+ or -) fabric square wrapped around the shoulders isn't automatically disqualified. I was hearing one thing and not the other.  :)

Yep, in fact, some of the Brigades will require a wrap of some sort. The pattern was too well known and too "earthly."

Any advice I give is strictly personal opinion and may not accurately reflect the CRLs.
Iím just an Unofficial Member making their way across the galaxy.

A'den Syngh
Gediníla - Jaro

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!