Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Book of Boba Fett WIP

• 49 Replies

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Book of Boba Fett WIP
« on: Dec 14, 2020, 06:45 PM »
 :boba:  I said that if Boba ever showed up in The Mandalorian I would do his costume. So here I am, doing an awesome new version of Boba!
 I'll be doing the repainted version of his kit. I will be waiting till Friday to start painting everything until the last episode is aired just in case something changes.

Here is my armor that I will using for my kit. The chest will be resanding everythig, then adding the dents, chest slots and diamond details.

My backplate

The blaster pistol

My gloves

Here are the boots I plan on getting

and for the girth belt I'm iffy on using this cord for it

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2021, 06:05 PM by Pyro » Logged

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: The Mandalorian Boba Fett WIP "SPOILERS"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2020, 09:10 PM »
Following to keep up with this build. VERY intrigued to see how this goes

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2020, 08:14 PM »
I just ordered my boots and helmet today!  :boba:
 For the Helmet I went with a 3d printed one

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2020, 09:38 PM »
I went ahead and ordered a set of CrowProps Boba Fett boot covers today  :boba:

Im slowly getting everything sourced out :)

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2020, 05:38 PM by Pyro » Logged

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
Re: The Mandalorian Boba Fett WIP
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2020, 08:52 PM »
More updates!

The rope for the girth belt has been ordered, rifle and belt buckle are being printed and I picked up some metal gauntlet darts.
And the Boots have arrived and they are so comfy!

Boots

Rifle

Gauntlet Darts

Ive also decided that I am going to be using my MOW Jetpack for this

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2020, 10:40 PM by Pyro » Logged

Cassus Dral

• ☠️ Mando Macabre ☠️
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Re-Armored Boba Fett WIP
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2020, 11:10 PM »
DUDE!  :boba: This is gonna be sick! This looks like such a fun project!

Cassus Dral Finished Costume Gallery
☠️🕸️🦇☠️🕸️🦇☠️🕸️🦇☠️🕸️🦇☠️🕸️
Deathrock Texas
"Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around." -Abdul Kalam

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2020, 11:17 PM »
Thanks man, Ive always wanted to do a Fett :boba: but was intimidated by the weathering so this is perfect for me. Hopefully I wont screw it up lol  ;D :laugh:

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Airmobile brigade member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2020, 09:09 AM »
This is looking like an Awesome build, you may set the standard here!!!!  Following with great interest!

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2020, 10:55 AM »
I like how the full body shot of Boba shows him wearing the knee armor about mid shin lol

Looking forward to seeing this come together  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2020, 11:17 AM »
Where did you order the boots from ?

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2020, 09:51 PM »
Where did you order the boots from ?

They are NORTIV 8 Men's Insulated Waterproof Winter Snow Boots from Amazon

Xundor Wrex

• No, I'm Jango's friend...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Ok, ok... I'm going to be following this and vigorously taking notes. Where did you find the cord ford the girth belt?

Si vis pacem, Para bellum

Desago

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
  • Awards 200 troops 150 troops 267th Rapid Assault 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2020, 05:48 PM »
following.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
L.O.B # 22 | M.A.J.I.C # 166 |M.A.D. # 72 | M.T.S (Mando-Tough) # 89 | S.P.A.R.C.K. # 19 | M.A.C.K # 37| O.O.P.S.! # 27
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2021, 07:09 AM »
God, I loved how this rifle looks! I can't wait to see some pics after it's printed. Any ideas where I can find an already printed one? I don't have any 3d printing shops where I'm living and can't order from eBay because I'm stuck at my property in Bavaria because of covid and they don't ship here... But now I want to have one so much!

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2021, 01:35 AM »
This looks like a great build in the making  :8): awesome parts list so far!  :like:

Rhax Stohl

• Awards Family events Special Operations Brigade Member EnviroOps 40% increase or more
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2021, 10:43 AM »
Can't wait to see how this comes out, I just started the same build!

Machinimax

• Ni chaab naas cabuor ner vode.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. Special Weapons
« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Following as well. I love the re-armored Boba! I think it looks better than his classic look.

Raquor’daan Clan Ruus’alor Sol'yc: 2023 & 2024                                                                   South Eastern US Ruus'sol 2024

Sylvilagus

• Kerru Bhan
« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2021, 12:35 PM »
Does he ever! I straight up cheered when I saw him looking so fresh.  :boba:

She told me never venture out among the asteroids
But I did, I did, I did
And she said that the Milky Way was something to avoid
And I did, I did, I did
She said that Venus was too hot and Saturn not much fun
Bug-eyed monsters tended to be just a trifle dumb
She said I'd need a blaster and I'd need a freezer-gun
And I did, I did, I did...

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2021, 06:04 PM »
Received my rope for my girth belt today and I think it will be perfect for it!  :boba:

« Reply #19 on: Jan 08, 2021, 11:26 PM »
Following as well. Just started my reworking for the new Fett look as well! You have any leads on the kama/skirt he's wearing? Had trouble finding a decent photo of it

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 08, 2021, 11:38 PM »
I believe it was based on a Japanese Hakama pants with a sash sewn to the waist and a kama. 

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:54 PM »
I think I finally decided on what I want to use for the top and pants for this kit.  :boba:

I will be adding in the scarf double sleeves and a proper neck seal to the top aswell 

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2021, 06:55 PM by Pyro » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:14 AM »
That looks like a good base to start with.

I really haven't seen any clear pictures of what he's wearing.  Tough with all the black on black.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Sylvilagus

• Kerru Bhan
« Reply #23 on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Here's my analysis, if it helps any
All right, here goes. I made Darth Maul once, I'm good at analyzing costumes made of fifteen different types of textured black fabric.
Top layer: Overcoat/outer robe. Basically a hooded bathrobe with ties at the neck. Has VERY loose fit, especially the sleeves (armscye reaches his waist) and a fitted sleeve inside the huge loose one. Made out of something like ottoman or chenille, maybe a very heavy weight tussah silk, possibly wool? He gets rid of this when he puts the armor on and we don't see it again.

Flak vest: He's replaced the old tan one. Has both short sleeves and an extra flap coming from the shoulder. Shoulder armor is attached to the short sleeve, and the flap covers the top of the shoulder plate. Hoses from the gauntlet now are hidden under the shoulder plate, rather than going up the sleeve. I think you could get away with cotton drill for this, or the same linen as the inner robe with a bit of thin batting in the quilted areas. This is the only bit that would really need to be fitted to you, I think everything else could be made based on measurements.

Tunic/inner robe: Black, reaches his knees, has somewhat more fitted sleeves and a cowl neck. The front is split up to his waist, with the split hidden under the girth belt. And is that a single side seam pocket on his left I spy? It's hard to tell, but I think it might have sleeves made as one piece with the body, rather than the set-in sleeves you see on most modern garments. There might be a gusset under the arm to allow greater movement. The raw-edged piece at his right looks like a separate bit sewn on just to blow dramatically in the wind (drama is VERY important.) It reminds me a bit of an Egyptian galabia? I would use a midweight linen.
(Edit: Just found someone else's analysis with better images. Dargas is probably right about the structure of the "skirt", but I think it's one piece with the top of the robe. You don't want to worry about your shirt coming untucked from your kama.)

Trousers: Plain black, loose-fitting but not baggy. Looks like the same linen as the tunic, again. Or, since they don't really show, you could just wear black pajama bottoms.

She told me never venture out among the asteroids
But I did, I did, I did
And she said that the Milky Way was something to avoid
And I did, I did, I did
She said that Venus was too hot and Saturn not much fun
Bug-eyed monsters tended to be just a trifle dumb
She said I'd need a blaster and I'd need a freezer-gun
And I did, I did, I did...

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2021, 05:08 PM »
My plan for the top is to buy two of them and use the second one for the scarf and the double sleeve.  :boba:

This will all probably all get redone in the future when we get more from the Book of Boba Fett. But as of right now I think this is my best choice.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!