Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Parts Kama Question

• 2 Replies
Soft Parts Kama Question
« on: Dec 29, 2020, 07:40 AM »
Hi there, I'm slowly working on gathering up the parts for my Mando gear and figured I'd start with the soft parts first since cost wise and storage wise, they'd be easier to gather up.

My question is in regards to the Kama, aka the combat kilt/skirt. I found an item that I think would do the trick but there's one aspect of it that I'm not sure about if it would be allowed.

The part in question is in regards to the built in pockets that these appears to have. Would this be alright, or should I continue my hunt for a kama elsewhere?

As for the strips dangling from it, I was thinking I'd either remove them or use them as grenade straps or something along those lines, in case anyone asks.

Thanks for any help you can provide with this.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Soft Parts Kama Question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2020, 09:32 AM »
The pockets might be an issue... But at the same time, a kama is so EASY to make yourself, that you don't need to buy a base garment and modify it.  A kama is pretty much just two rectangles of fabric (or leather) attached to a belt that meet (or overlap) in the back.  If you have no sewing experience, then a kama is actually a pretty good project to do for a first time because it's hard to mess up.

Re: Soft Parts Kama Question
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2020, 06:53 PM »
Fair enough :) Cheers for the answer, and at least I've got a visual "template" for what to try and make it look like once I've got the material to make one myself. Hope the new year goes well for you

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!