Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Loin cloth and butt flap combination

• 3 Replies
Loin cloth and butt flap combination
« on: Dec 21, 2020, 05:12 PM »
Hello!

So i've been working on the soft parts for my custom legacy plate mando. I have the loin cloth pattern that I really enjoy and I was curious to see if anything similar to a 'butt flap' would be approve-able before moving forward on a design. I do have photos provided for what I had in mind. It will admittedly look weird, as I had to adjust the girth belt to face backwards so that I could fit the paper in where I think the flap would rest on my body.

Any advice for this would be greatly appreciated, I couldn't find anything where it said that something like this wasn't approve able but I want to follow up properly.

Kurz

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Loin cloth and butt flap combination
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2020, 05:25 PM »
First of all, solid starting point.  :like:
Second... I'm no app team but I think the "butt flap" would be identified as a narrow kama.
Per CRLs:

Kamas must cover at least 1/3 of the total waist circumference.

I guess that's about 1/3? Maybe a little less?
If you make it the right width, you're good to go with your mini kama/butt flap.

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2020, 06:43 PM »
First of all, solid starting point.  :like:
Second... I'm no app team but I think the "butt flap" would be identified as a narrow kama.
Per CRLs:

I guess that's about 1/3? Maybe a little less?
If you make it the right width, you're good to go with your mini kama/butt flap.

Thank you!

Making it a narrow kama makes more sense, as well as the name. I may need to make it more narrow then, because it's about the same width as my loin cloth and i don't want it to be as wide as that. Thank you for the reminder!

Kurz

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2020, 03:55 AM »
You know? It could be interesting if you make them the same width... something like a medieval tabard... anyway, when the kamas covers at least 1/3 of your waist (don't know if you make it narrower if you fulfill this requirement) you are good to go  ;D

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!