Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Armory

• 46 Replies

Vercopaanir

• Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Medic Brigade Member
Re: The Armory
« Reply #30 on: Mar 09, 2021, 07:15 PM »
I painted the handle on the Westar a matte black and weathered it with a bit of brown acrylic.  I think it came out pretty well.  I also weathered the holster that I had made for it.

Spear:

I remade the spear head a bit ago but it still needed some work.  I finally got around to wrapping the handle and both ends in suede.  I also weathered it by first hitting it with a sanding block, then rubbing handfuls of dirt into the leather and finally added some brown acrylic.  I think it came out pretty good.

The first pic is before weathering and with the shaft collapsed down into travel mode.

Vercopaanir

« Reply #31 on: Apr 02, 2021, 02:43 PM »
Amban Sniper Rifle:  Added a wrap around the stock of the rifle and some cord around the trigger guard and then some weathering.  Then I took it to a fan film.  It 'works' great!

Photos courtesy of Robert Childs

Vercopaanir

« Reply #32 on: Apr 03, 2021, 07:43 PM »
Working on a hold out blaster and some beskar chain mail to protect my flank.  One side done and started on the other.

>:(

Vercopaanir

« Reply #33 on: Apr 09, 2021, 08:04 PM »
I started work on a Tessen  a bit ago.  I haven't been given the yes/no for it yet but either way it will be awesome.  :8):

It's made out of 3mm and 6mm PVC board with the raised decorations made out of scraps from my helmet visor.

cknight68

• The Phantom of Kamino and Manaan King
  • Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #34 on: Apr 14, 2021, 11:15 AM »
Your props and your kit are beautiful!!! Definitely one of my favorites! Keep up the AMAZING work vod!

Caleb Knight
Ri Va'lure (Recon) and Noac Toa the Mermando
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

Vercopaanir

« Reply #35 on: Apr 15, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Your props and your kit are beautiful!!! Definitely one of my favorites! Keep up the AMAZING work vod!

Thank you!  :)

Tessen:  Finished the Tessen.  I have never made a fan before so I watched some DIY videos on YouTube and went for it.

And the holder for my Tessen

Vercopaanir

« Reply #36 on: Apr 18, 2021, 01:28 PM »
My current load out.  :)

The spear extends and retracts for ease of carry and travel.

« Reply #37 on: Apr 18, 2021, 02:38 PM »
That's some pretty cool gear. Great job!

« Reply #38 on: Apr 20, 2021, 11:01 AM »
Very awesome!

Vercopaanir

« Reply #39 on: Apr 20, 2021, 12:37 PM »
That's some pretty cool gear. Great job!

Thanks!  :)

Very awesome!

Thanks! Took a peak at your armor thread.  It's good work.  Looking forward to the next update there.

Update:

Holdout:  I made a little ankle holster for my holdout blaster. 

After weathering...it's an ankle holster so it's going to be more dirty then the ones I wear at my waist.

« Reply #40 on: Apr 21, 2021, 10:53 AM »
Love that leg/boot holster! The clip is a very good idea. 

And I plan on updating soon thanks for checking on my thread.

Vercopaanir

« Reply #41 on: Apr 23, 2021, 06:54 PM »
Love that leg/boot holster! The clip is a very good idea. 

And I plan on updating soon thanks for checking on my thread.

Thanks  :)  Money clips for the win. (cheap and easy)

Update:  I wanted a glowing stabby after seeing a few others so I decided to make one.  So I found a slim short flashlight.  Paired it with some plumbing fittings and dug out my plexiglass.  Grabbed my pattern from my old one (my current wooden one) and got started. 

Plannning:

Glueing: The main clear plexiglass to the black plexiglass

I heated the grey fitting to make it a more oval shape where it joins with the blade.  Then I added  a sintra detail.  Then some more sintra on the handle bit to thicken it up so that there was less wiggle room.

The I grabbed some of the rings I had cut down when I was making my Amban Sniper and some left over cut downs from the bike spokes I used on my gauntlets.

I still need to add the silver tape above the black and bend the wire down into the blade.  I also have a few more greeblies to add and fill in a bit at the handle to make it look a bit more smoothly joined and block any light from seeping through later.

« Reply #42 on: Apr 23, 2021, 07:15 PM »
Ohhh hype! I'm always excited for glowy things, and since I've been getting caught up on your build threads, I know you'll make a spectacular one!

Arco's armor concept thread: Come help me plan things out!

"Visit Mandalore before Mandalore visits you. Take home some souvenirs—a slab of uj cake and a smack in the mouth." ―Baltan Carid

"No offense, but Mandalorians are crazy." ―Ezra Bridger

Vercopaanir

« Reply #43 on: Apr 25, 2021, 08:49 PM »
Ohhh hype! I'm always excited for glowy things, and since I've been getting caught up on your build threads, I know you'll make a spectacular one!

Thank you  :)  I love glowing things.  My sister and I just got a pair of lightsabers and have begun dueling.  We decided that I needed to learn how to fight with  my spear so we could shoot a short vid of a Jedi vs Mando fight.  But a glowy knife is just so much fun, especially in the dark.  ;D

Update:

I added the guard.  And attached the blade to the guard and first portion of the hilt.

Then I got a base primer layer then silver on the handle.

Then I did some glossy black on a few places

Followed by some graphite powder on the whole hilt and a bit on the machine parts of the emitter/vibro section of the blade

And of course I tested the glow

Some greeblie possibilities

Personally leaning more toward the second one but we'll see when I go to glue it on.

And that's it for now  :porg1:

Rhue_Shofytt

• Diet Sprite
« Reply #44 on: Apr 25, 2021, 10:36 PM »
That looks so cool!  :o Now I want a glowy stabby too

Was the graphite powder messy? I've heard it's an awesome technique for getting that worn-metal look but it seems like it would get everywhere

Per aspera, ad astra

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!