Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Armory

• 74 Replies

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Donated during Quarter 4 of 2023.
Re: The Armory
« Reply #25 on: Feb 24, 2021, 02:24 PM »
Got the new spear head finished and mounted.  Now I just need to decided how to carry it and maybe add a wrap on the handle.

I also got both scopes painted silver then a layer of graphite powder.  I may do a second layer of clear then more graphite to darken them to the same color as the prongs on the end of the rifle.

I worked on the rifle stocks as well.  I sanded then again...sprayed them silver and then a coat of graphite. 

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons Post Imperial Build

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Donated during Quarter 4 of 2023.
« Reply #26 on: Feb 26, 2021, 07:35 AM »
So the last few days I've been working on some fiddly bits for my rifles.  I think it came out pretty good for sintra and an exacto knife.

And I sanded one of my westars to the point that I wanted to get a layer of primer on to see how far I still need to go.

Print lines almost all gone!

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #27 on: Mar 02, 2021, 11:49 AM »
Amban Sniper Rifle:

So close to being done just a few more details to go.  I still need to permanently add the forward grip and wrap the strapping around the grip and the second rod below the barrel.  I also need to add the second wrap in front of the scope but behind the grip.  Then just finish mounting everything.  I might leave the prong detachable to make it easier to get the gun to and from troops/events. 

I sanded the stock with 500 grit sand paper, added another clear coat and more graphite powder.  Then I painted the wires gold and added a few little details to the little thing on the side (very descriptive I know).

I also added a second coat of clear and graphite to the scopes.

I also need to add my strap attachment method but that is coming in the mail soon!  :porg2:

Then weathering and it'll be ready to go.  I think I might wrap something around the stock right behind the trigger but I haven't decided yet. 

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #28 on: Mar 04, 2021, 06:35 PM »
I did things with stuff. 

So I made the little bits to go around the barrel and 'attach' the rod to the barrel.  They're only coated in one layer of primer right now.

I glued the scope mount to the stock and stuck the backside of a rivet into it to help keep it in place. 

Got the forward grip added and the strip of wood that I added to the underside stained.  Also touched up the stock with stain as a few spots have gotten dinged up as I moved it around and 'ahem' tested how it's working.

And I mounted the swivel clip for the strap that I will use to carry it when it's not in 'use'.

I know I made the prongs for the second one but I am thinking I might change the end attachment and make it a slightly different piece.  I don't need two very similar weapons but I still want them to be recognizable as Amban Snipers.  With this in mind I am thinking of extending the barrel a bit with a 'cover piece' that I will drill holes into and add a sorta vibro bayonet option to the underside.  Still debating this with myself at the moment.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #29 on: Mar 05, 2021, 06:25 PM »
I added the little round thing to the barrel and the rod and glued them down with contact cement.  Also got the leash attached to the rifle so I can sling it over my shoulder.  However, I encountered a problem.  It pulls to much on my bandolier.  The whole belt is pulled up about and inch so I might just give it it's own sling to carry it on troops.

And I did some more work on my westar-35's

I did my first ever rub and buff as the base silver layer.  This went on top of a glossy black coat.  Then I clear coated it, added graphite powder, another clear coat, more graphite power, and then a third layer.  I taped off different section between each layer to get a pattern on my piece.  I will still be painted the grip a matte black and I am thinking I will add a trophy to the back of the gun.  It feels like it needs something there.

And I finished the holster for it

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #30 on: Mar 09, 2021, 07:15 PM »
I painted the handle on the Westar a matte black and weathered it with a bit of brown acrylic.  I think it came out pretty well.  I also weathered the holster that I had made for it.

Spear:

I remade the spear head a bit ago but it still needed some work.  I finally got around to wrapping the handle and both ends in suede.  I also weathered it by first hitting it with a sanding block, then rubbing handfuls of dirt into the leather and finally added some brown acrylic.  I think it came out pretty good.

The first pic is before weathering and with the shaft collapsed down into travel mode.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #31 on: Apr 02, 2021, 02:43 PM »
Amban Sniper Rifle:  Added a wrap around the stock of the rifle and some cord around the trigger guard and then some weathering.  Then I took it to a fan film.  It 'works' great!

Photos courtesy of Robert Childs

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #32 on: Apr 03, 2021, 07:43 PM »
Working on a hold out blaster and some beskar chain mail to protect my flank.  One side done and started on the other.

>:(

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #33 on: Apr 09, 2021, 08:04 PM »
I started work on a Tessen  a bit ago.  I haven't been given the yes/no for it yet but either way it will be awesome.  :8):

It's made out of 3mm and 6mm PVC board with the raised decorations made out of scraps from my helmet visor.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

cknight68

• The Phantom of Kamino and Manaan King
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #34 on: Apr 14, 2021, 11:15 AM »
Your props and your kit are beautiful!!! Definitely one of my favorites! Keep up the AMAZING work vod!

Caleb Knight
Ri Va'lure (Recon) and Noac Toa the Mermando
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #35 on: Apr 15, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Your props and your kit are beautiful!!! Definitely one of my favorites! Keep up the AMAZING work vod!

Thank you!  :)

Tessen:  Finished the Tessen.  I have never made a fan before so I watched some DIY videos on YouTube and went for it.

And the holder for my Tessen

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2021, 05:37 PM by Vercopaanir » Logged

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #36 on: Apr 18, 2021, 01:28 PM »
My current load out.  :)

The spear extends and retracts for ease of carry and travel.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
« Reply #37 on: Apr 18, 2021, 02:38 PM »
That's some pretty cool gear. Great job!

« Reply #38 on: Apr 20, 2021, 11:01 AM »
Very awesome!

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #39 on: Apr 20, 2021, 12:37 PM »
That's some pretty cool gear. Great job!

Thanks!  :)

Very awesome!

Thanks! Took a peak at your armor thread.  It's good work.  Looking forward to the next update there.

Update:

Holdout:  I made a little ankle holster for my holdout blaster. 

After weathering...it's an ankle holster so it's going to be more dirty then the ones I wear at my waist.

« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2021, 12:56 PM by Vercopaanir » Logged

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
« Reply #40 on: Apr 21, 2021, 10:53 AM »
Love that leg/boot holster! The clip is a very good idea. 

And I plan on updating soon thanks for checking on my thread.

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #41 on: Apr 23, 2021, 06:54 PM »
Love that leg/boot holster! The clip is a very good idea. 

And I plan on updating soon thanks for checking on my thread.

Thanks  :)  Money clips for the win. (cheap and easy)

Update:  I wanted a glowing stabby after seeing a few others so I decided to make one.  So I found a slim short flashlight.  Paired it with some plumbing fittings and dug out my plexiglass.  Grabbed my pattern from my old one (my current wooden one) and got started. 

Plannning:

Glueing: The main clear plexiglass to the black plexiglass

I heated the grey fitting to make it a more oval shape where it joins with the blade.  Then I added  a sintra detail.  Then some more sintra on the handle bit to thicken it up so that there was less wiggle room.

The I grabbed some of the rings I had cut down when I was making my Amban Sniper and some left over cut downs from the bike spokes I used on my gauntlets.

I still need to add the silver tape above the black and bend the wire down into the blade.  I also have a few more greeblies to add and fill in a bit at the handle to make it look a bit more smoothly joined and block any light from seeping through later.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Arco'thyel Wyshla

• Certified crazy cat mando
« Reply #42 on: Apr 23, 2021, 07:15 PM »
Ohhh hype! I'm always excited for glowy things, and since I've been getting caught up on your build threads, I know you'll make a spectacular one!

| Hard Goods WIP | Soft Goods WIP | Planning Log |

"Visit Mandalore before Mandalore visits you. Take home some souvenirs—a slab of uj cake and a smack in the mouth." ―Baltan Carid

"Don’t take this the wrong way you guys, but uh, Mandalorians are crazy." ―Ezra Bridger

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #43 on: Apr 25, 2021, 08:49 PM »
Ohhh hype! I'm always excited for glowy things, and since I've been getting caught up on your build threads, I know you'll make a spectacular one!

Thank you  :)  I love glowing things.  My sister and I just got a pair of lightsabers and have begun dueling.  We decided that I needed to learn how to fight with  my spear so we could shoot a short vid of a Jedi vs Mando fight.  But a glowy knife is just so much fun, especially in the dark.  ;D

Update:

I added the guard.  And attached the blade to the guard and first portion of the hilt.

Then I got a base primer layer then silver on the handle.

Then I did some glossy black on a few places

Followed by some graphite powder on the whole hilt and a bit on the machine parts of the emitter/vibro section of the blade

And of course I tested the glow

Some greeblie possibilities

Personally leaning more toward the second one but we'll see when I go to glue it on.

And that's it for now  :porg1:

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Rhue_Shofytt

• Diet Sprite
« Reply #44 on: Apr 25, 2021, 10:36 PM »
That looks so cool!  :o Now I want a glowy stabby too

Was the graphite powder messy? I've heard it's an awesome technique for getting that worn-metal look but it seems like it would get everywhere

Per aspera, ad astra

First WIP

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #45 on: Apr 26, 2021, 07:56 PM »
That looks so cool!  :o Now I want a glowy stabby too

Was the graphite powder messy? I've heard it's an awesome technique for getting that worn-metal look but it seems like it would get everywhere

Yes! Glowing stabbies are the best.  :P  Yes to the graphite powder.  It is messy, I only use it outside and usually on a piece of cardboard to try and keep it contained.  It is also not good to breathe so wear appropriate stuff.  ( I use a bandana, which doesn't really help but makes me feel better, since I despise the respirator)  I do love the final look  and its pretty cheap so I use it quite a bit as finish.

And my new knife is done!!!

I started by painting the patches of gold on the hilt and base of the blade, then mounted the wire and beads using super glue.

Then another layer of graphite powder after a light coat of clear spray paint to seal in the gold.

Then I added the gears inside the PVC pipe rings on the blade.

After which I addressed the hilt.  I had to pick my wrap...couldn't decide for a bit but after a family poll I decided on the grey.

Now I had left the top bit of the hilt a touch rough because I planned on wrapping that section as well, enter the red cotton cord.

Lastly came the weathering.  Some black and brown acrylics and Voilà! a glowing stabby 

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #46 on: Apr 30, 2021, 02:26 PM »
I finally made a sheath for the new blade.  Because I used the same pattern for both of my beskads it almost fit in to the same sheath as the other one, it was just a tiny bit too small at the top where I added the rings. 

I always like to line my sheathes with either foam or felt to protect my paint job.

Then heat, fold and drill some holes for the lacing

The only lacing that I currently have on hand is either a tan or the white.  I went for the white since my kit colors are grey, white, red, black and gold.

The sheath was then weathered with a sanding block followed by my black and brown acrylic washes.

The beskad will be able to be mounted right onto the same holder as the other beskad. 

I also worked on my zenji needle for the exotic weapon for the assassin brigade.  It's made out of an ebony chopstick that I repurposed after the kids snapped it. 

I think it came out pretty good.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2021, 07:45 PM »
It's been a hot minute since I posted in this thread.  Here's what I am currently working on or have finished since I stopped posting.. :-[

Cuffs (technically not weapons but I felt like I could sneak them in here)

Amban Sniper 1.2 (remember way back when I was working on two of them, well finally got back to the second one)

Westar-35 1.2  (also got a pair and only finished one!???) got some primer on this one...might need another sanding before I am satisfied with the print line removal.

And I got a box of wonderful goodies from PSessum.  Some amazing 3-D prints to work with for my next few projects.

I just couldn't wait to get started so I did  :).  Cleaned up the print lines and sanded down the knives.  Also lightly sanded the shells and a did a tiny bit of sanding on the grav bombs. 

Then I added my epoxy/resin to help smooth out and strengthen the prints.

Now I just have to wait for them to cure and do another sanding with a high grit paper before I can either add another layer or go right to paint.   :porg2:

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
« Reply #48 on: Jun 01, 2021, 12:39 AM »
 :like: Looking good.

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #49 on: Jun 01, 2021, 08:50 PM »
:like: Looking good.

Thanks!

Update:  Throwing knives and grav bombs

I got three layers of primer and sanding done and then one layer of silver.  Still want to add at least one more silver before I clear coat it and maybe add graphite powder.  Thinking about adding a thin wrap to the handle.   I don't wan to loose the skull though so maybe not. 

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!