Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Urchin's work in progress WIP

• 1 Replies
Urchin's work in progress WIP
« on: Dec 31, 2020, 03:31 PM »
Alrighty, after the long arduous journey of learning that I have to first upload images to Imgur here are first couple of picture ideas.
First, for BC 8x4ft sheet of Sintra at Home Depot for $50 sound about right or any places better or cheaper to look? Also Coveralls? Mark's about the best pricing?

First stab at colors

Second stab at colors

Before I even signed up and read rules, still not a bad medium to work with to get a see and feel for the looks.

And I now know about spacing too

Also, would a heavy wool like this work for a cape or potentially loincloth material? And would the color bars on the one be acceptable?

***********Next Update***********
Found an old shirt to make a pattern for a vest.
Done this before for a doublet years ago so it was fun remembering to breath lol

Also, might not be a greeble in the simplest of form, but I've got these!

I've always thought that they'd be perfect for modifying Nerf guns or maybe even as thrusters on a jetpack? I've been hand dying yarn for the last few years and it comes on cones like this. Cardboard ones as well, just don't have one on hand for pictures, but we just recycle them. So if anyone locally wants some, I'll start saving them.
Or if you have any ideas to share, I could always use extra inspirations.

Now, getting to the brass tacks and finally sitting down to add stuff!

It all starts with an idea, or a couple of lucky trips to the thrift store.

This too is what I ended up using as the main part of my vest pattern.

With some guidance here is the evolution

I had more pictures, but they aren't wanting to upload.
Still need to take in the shoulders and around the arms, and a few darts to help it fit better.
Now for some of the armor stuff.
Trial and error on sizing, with help from our
Russalor Solyc, we decided that the 90% sized print out worked best for my collar and a combo of 90% wide and 100% tall worked for my breast plates.

Hit a stand still moment and started working on shoulders, if they are too big I can take them down or use them for someone else if too small.

And because this is a family activity, my beautiful wife sewing my vest for me 🥰

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2021, 10:04 PM by Evanurchin » Logged
Been a Mercenary as long as I can remember, Landsknechte to Mandalorian makes perfect sense to me.

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Re: Urchin's work in progress WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2021, 02:36 PM »
cool! you're on a roll!

btw- love the hair color :D

Any questions regarding kit should be referred to our Ruus'alor- she'll be able to give you definite answers!

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!