Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Boba "Fresh" - WIP

• 15 Replies

Rhax Stohl

• Awards Family events Special Operations Brigade Member EnviroOps 40% increase or more
Boba "Fresh" - WIP
« on: Jan 08, 2021, 10:43 AM »
Hello all!  I've wanted to do an actual Fett kit for years, but the crazy level of detail has always been intimidating...well, with the new look I finally decided to start my build!  This build will, more than likely, be very slow at the start as I'm active duty and preparing for a move over the summer.  So I won't get to really start digging in until we get settled at our new location.  This is what I have so far:

Shirt and pants have arrived

I got the 3d files for the buckle and rifle from KR-TEK:

I found the boots on Amazon:

I'll be getting the rope, for the girth belt, from Wal-Mart:

and after a tea bath it comes out like this

I got the files for the helmet, gauntlets and knee's from Woodtec

I also have a file for the jet pack.

I'm gonna have the wife make my vest and spats, i'm just waiting for a pattern for the spats.

I'll be cutting/shaping all of my armor out of 1/4" thick sintra and i'll be doing my own leatherwork for the belt/pouches!

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2021, 12:28 PM by Rhax Stohl » Logged
Re: Boba "Fresh" - WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2021, 07:52 AM »
Hey man. Great start! I am working in this as well. Where did you source the shirt? That seems to be the only bit of puzzle in still working out

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2021, 08:59 AM »
MOAR BATHROBE BOBA!

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:36 AM »
Gonna follow this thread cause I have a feeling it will be delightful.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Macdm

• Waffen sind Teil meiner Religion
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:45 AM »
Jupp me too, I wanna do some robe Boba myself one day, especially cause it will suit me just fine.

Keep going!

Finally i found a use for my well  fed body.

Rhax Stohl

• Awards Family events Special Operations Brigade Member EnviroOps 40% increase or more
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:52 AM »
Hey man. Great start! I am working in this as well. Where did you source the shirt? That seems to be the only bit of puzzle in still working out

Found it on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJEI2X8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:16 AM »
I was a little worried about that rope until you dulled it down.  MUCH better. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Rhax Stohl

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:26 AM »
Just finished printing/assembling the pistol!

Rhax Stohl

« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2021, 09:35 AM »
So, i've pretty much printed everything I can before the big move, so here's what i've got done:

I've got the leather for the belt, holster, and pouches and i'm gonna try to get the spats done before the move.

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2021, 10:32 AM »
The good news is that even if the printer is packed, its not like youll have a shortage of things to sand.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Rhax Stohl

« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2022, 09:47 AM »
Hey all, it's been a while since i've posted BUT, I have been making progress!

Finally got all the rope for my girthbelt:

I cut a small piece to test out tea bath's and I think i've got it figured out:

Got the leather for my belt/pouches/holster:

Cut and dyed the extra fabric that hangs down like a half kama:

Been doing A LOT of printing:

Started on the jet pack (almost done):

I've also got the boots, leather for the spats (currently being made), and I just ordered my flak vest!  At this point, I just have to finish printing the jet pack and the rifle and i'll have everything!

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2022, 09:38 AM »
Glad to see you’re making progress! Now the sanding beings  :porg2:

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Rhax Stohl

« Reply #12 on: Mar 25, 2022, 10:12 AM »
More progress, it's moving slow, but getting there!

vest came in last week

EE3 is printed and I started to glue it together.  I'll wait to mount the scope and some of the smaller pieces until after painting

Belt/holster/pouches done

started to glue the jetpack

Rhax Stohl

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2022, 02:35 PM »
Got my soft parts finished and tried them on together for the first time!

Rhax Stohl

« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2023, 09:37 PM »
It's been a loooong time since i've posted, but I FINALLY picked back up on my Boba build! 

started working on the texture element, took a bit of trial and error, but I think I got it:

I went with the Montana brand paints and I'm really happy with how they came out!

This was after paint, but prior to black wash:

This is after a black wash:

Finished product:

Here's the armor:

Jet pack:

Geila Alo

• Awards Clan Growth
« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2023, 01:05 PM »
You have a really good start going on, it's going to be a nice kit when it's done.

There are just some things that I can see, that I want to mention

The belt buckle don´t seem to be accurate in comparence with the CRL and reference materials, and the double sleeves looks to be on the larger side, could use some tailoring.

It could be due the lighting in the pictures that the left turn signal looks green. Just want to remind that the CRL says that the left signal should be painted navy blue, and finally just make sure that the paint chipping and weathering on the helmet are painted to match visual references as closely as possible in weathering, damage, and overall wear.

Keep up the good work!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!