Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sash question

• 3 Replies

Kryn Chi

• A'den Bal Tome'tayl Be Aliit Radec
Sash question
« on: Dec 15, 2020, 06:11 PM »
Simple one, what material do you use to make/where do you typically buy sashes to use as a waist item? Seen some go on Etsy but they seem to bee either too long, too expensive or not quality enough to last /be approved

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Medic Brigade Member
Re: Sash question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2020, 03:10 PM »
Hello Kryn Chi

I made mine out of  two layers of cotton.  If you want it a bit firmer you could add some interfacing or if you want it softer just use one layer and hem appropriatly.  Easy to wash or stain as needed for weathering.  I used velcro to close it. 

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons
WIP Soft Parts

jethroskull

• Haat Gai
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2020, 03:14 PM »
Pretty much any clothing weight fabric. Something different than your flight suit might stand out more (polyester sash on a cotton suit).

”If you see the Force in hyperspace, kill the Force.”

A'den Syngh
Gedin’la - Jaro
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2021, 07:03 PM »
I wear a sash as pert of my garb for reenactments and most of mine are actually just cotton scarves bought from thrift stores. They lay nicely, hold up reasonably well and are both affordable and readily available in a variety of colors

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!