Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Luke Skywalkers Belt

• 7 Replies
Luke Skywalkers Belt
« on: Jan 29, 2021, 02:57 PM »
Hey guys,
I seen a Luke Skywalker belt on ebay. I don't think it's real leather. I think it would go perfect with my suit. Just wondering if it is acceptable.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Luke Skywalkers Belt
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2021, 05:38 PM »
Nothing from a canon character can be used outside of that character. You would have to modify it so no one recognized it... probably not worth it.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2021, 05:42 PM »
 Thank you so much. You have saved me some money.

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Nothing from a canon character can be used outside of that character. You would have to modify it so no one recognized it... probably not worth it.

That is incorrect.

The CRLs state:
Face Character Items:
No unmodified parts or themes can be used from Star Wars canon/legends face characters. This includes, but is not limited to, lightsaber trophies, lightsabers/darksabers, paint schemes, symbols/sigils, and armor pieces/elements. This does not include blasters, knives and other non-unique weapons or small props. Parts and themes from non face characters such as stormtroopers, clone troopers, generic Jedi or Sith, and rebels may still be used as long as they adhere to the CRLs in every other manner.

If that was the case, you could not use a DL-44, an EE-3, or Han Solo's gun belt. All things that we have seen on approved kits.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

jethroskull

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2021, 10:10 AM »
I understated my meaning, thank you for the correction.

However, I feel that my statement in regards to a very specific belt and holster stands.

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2021, 10:49 AM »
To clarify; The CRL in regard to canon-specific characters is in regard to items such as Boba Fett's helmet. You cannot have a helmet with the same paint job and the same dent, because this helmet is specific to that character.

Belts, holsters, weapons, etc. are allowable on custom builds.

You CAN use Obi-wan's boots on your kit. You CAN use Han's holster and DL-44. You CAN use Boba Fett's EE-3.

If you couldn't use any item that has appeared on a canon character, then the Mosin-Nagant pouches (that are used on hundreds of our OM's kits) would not be usable because they are used by a canon character (Zero in The Mandalorian). That is NOT the case, as the pouches are usable and approvable.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

jethroskull

« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2021, 11:46 AM »
So if I get a replica Han Solo belt and holster I can get approved with it? That seems off but I will defer to your experience and position.

@Steven Santillan - I was completely mistaken and will discontinue advice.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2021, 11:39 PM »
Think of it this way:
Han Solo and Luke Skywalker's belts and holsters are just that, belts and holsters. There is nothing inherently iconic about them that ties them just to those characters. It would be like saying no one can wear a Mandalorian helmet, because Boba Fett wore a Mandalorian helmet. A Mandalorian helmet is a Mandalorian helmet. A holster is a holster.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!