Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Buck's Post Imperial Kit Progress

• 13 Replies
Buck's Post Imperial Kit Progress
« on: Jan 30, 2021, 08:19 AM »
Hey folks! New guy here! Thought I'd share my progress on my Post-Imperial Mandalorian kit!

All my armour is 3D printed in PLA, using wood filler and filler primer to smooth the prints.
Here's what I've got so far:

The suit was made out of an ordinary 100% cotton canvas shirt, the sleeves were cut, edges hemmed, and re-sewn together overlapping. The buttons were removed and replaced with velcro. This was all done by my lovely girlfriend (who may consider her own Mando cosplay!)

The helmet was the first piece I finished, took a lot of sanding and filling! The paint job was inspired by the Death Watch from the flashback scenes from The Mandalorian, biege being one of my favourite colours and the blue is where the Death Watch inspo came from!

I'm not sure how I feel about the chest, it took a lot of effort and I do like how it looks, I like how weathered it is etc, but I feel like it's not as smooth as I'd like, I will redo it down the line but for now I think the weathering masks the look a bit.

But yeah! Here's my kit so far! I post more in depth and frequent updates on my Instagram! (@BuckTheMando)
Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Cdeal

Re: Buck's Post Imperial Kit Progress
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2021, 02:26 PM »
I like it! The beige sort of reminds me of the concept art for Boba Fett for the 1313 Star Wars game

Awall

• None of us are as smart as ALL of us
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2021, 10:47 PM »
I am digging the beige!  Keep up the good work!

Rancor Clan     #2385
Oribru Akaata #56   Emergency Battalion
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2021, 12:33 AM »
Loving the colors! Are you going for an ab plate with the chest? Maybe you could add some designs to that part!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2021, 05:24 AM »
I like it! The beige sort of reminds me of the concept art for Boba Fett for the 1313 Star Wars game
Thanks man!
I am digging the beige!  Keep up the good work!
Thank you!  ;D
Loving the colors! Are you going for an ab plate with the chest? Maybe you could add some designs to that part!
Yeah the ab plate has just been primed, it's a regular Death Watch / Din ab plate but I definitely could add something paint wise to it like some stripes or something! Thanks for that idea!

« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2021, 07:20 AM »
Done the ab plate!

Also got the right thigh plate and knees all done and attached to the pants with velcro!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2021, 06:18 AM »
Leather time!
Since I am terrible at leather crafting I値l just be ordering pre-made stuff  :laugh:

I致e ordered 3 ammo pouches off Ebay, 3 for 」10! Bargain!

Since some of them are a lighter brown, I値l probably use brown or black shoe polish on them to make them match, my belt is a dark brown.

My holster arrived! It痴 just a cheap costume shop holster. I may do some adjusting I知 not sure yet, same with the pouches, I値l be polishing this to get it nice and dark to match my belt!

Ordered some beautiful boots! Heck, I might even wear these casually  :laugh: :laugh:

I think these might be good to go right off the bat! May also darken them with polish, not sure! We値l see how they look in person!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2021, 09:31 PM »
Looking good vod! Where are those boots from?

« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2021, 08:01 AM »
Finally got a flak vest! This was made from fabric I had laying around, me and my girlfriend made templates and she did the sewing work! I absolutely love it!

Finally able to wear all my armour! I’m so thrilled right now! So surreal looking at these shots!

I haven’t started making the belt yet, this is just a generic belt. I’ll use it as a base and will be switching the buckle out for velcro and have the holster slide over it.
Will be making a false buckle and add pouches and stuff when those arrive. Also gonna velcro the belt over the button.
Also the boots are just generic wellies I have, these are NOT what I’m using.
Let me know what you think! Personally I’m ecstatic that I’m finally wearing it all together! I think it looks proportionate and looks the part!

Vexos

• Because we must.
  • Awards 300 Troops Celebration Anaheim 2022 200 troops 250 Troops 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2021, 11:01 AM »
Great work so far vod!

Official Invasions: 265
Official Member #1132
Force Hunter/ Brigade Member #291
Manda'galaar Clan

Arctic Ops WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174054.msg2027502#msg2027502

Post Imperial WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=200180.0
« Reply #11 on: Apr 18, 2021, 06:31 PM »
Been a while since I've been on here! Since my last post here I've made a completely new kit!

This kit is initally 'done' though I still have some upgrades I wanna do! I'm thinking of having two styles of  this kit, basically I wanna switch to and from cape and bandolier to jetpack, sorta like how the covert Mandos switch in Chapter 3!

Anyways here is my kit together so far!

Knee placement and fastening still needs work as you can see, as well as suit and cape weathering!

Nathan Fewell

• Dank ferrick, I burnt my bantha patties!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2021, 11:27 PM »
That's lookin' great man! Definitely love the color scheme! Although you might want to get bigger knee plates because they look a little small. And maybe slightly bigger gauntlets? Be sure to check in with your local clan about it, but overall, you've made great progress! Keep it up, THIS IS THE WAY :)

« Reply #13 on: Apr 30, 2021, 02:33 PM »
That's lookin' great man! Definitely love the color scheme! Although you might want to get bigger knee plates because they look a little small. And maybe slightly bigger gauntlets? Be sure to check in with your local clan about it, but overall, you've made great progress! Keep it up, THIS IS THE WAY :)

Thanks man :)

The knees have now been removed and replaced with shore trooper shnees. And the gauntlets could be a bit taller but overall I'm not too fussed about it. I'm getting a resin printer soon though so I think I'll print new ones that are a bit bigger when that happens, thanks for the tip :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!