Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP - First attempts, ideas and progress for my Soft Parts (lots of pics)

• 3 Replies
Since I am waiting on my helmet to arrive, I thought I'd start working on my soft parts.  :D

My Mando is going to be based around a dark angel warrior theme using the colors blue, black and silver. I want to incorporate wing designs onto my armor.
This is the basic idea I have:

Here's the flight suit color I have chosen and have removed the hood and it's ready to wear.

My sash is made from a thrift store dress and I love the texture! All I have left is to sew some velcro.

And right now I am working on the flak vest: (I also decided to make  a hand sewn corset style side closure)

I am hoping to make a cape that looks similar to angel wings by using some special fabric. Still waiting to see if this fabric will be approved.

UPDATE ON CAPE: Since "feathered" fabric can only be used as a secondary fabric, I have decided to create a cape with a silver lining, black on the outside with blue trim and add small silvery ostrich feathers along the edges.

After sewing the cape and trying different ways to use the feathers, I decided to change the side feathers to just around the collar. I'll have to attach the cape to the collar plate but not sure how I want to do this as of now.

« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2021, 11:29 AM by cosplaymom » Logged

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Special Weapons Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
Well now I can put two and two together! Welcome to the forums, cosplaymom! Glad to have talked with you about your concept.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval
Thank you!
I'm looking forward to the next steps in the process and figuring out how to create my armor. I do appreciate all the help!

Thank you!
I'm looking forward to the next steps in the process and figuring out how to create my armor. I do appreciate all the help!

LOVE the colors, and I love the concept.

Co'm Baat

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!