Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jetpack? Backpack? Both?

• 3 Replies
Jetpack? Backpack? Both?
« on: Feb 26, 2021, 04:36 PM »
I'm debating if I should go jetpack, backpack, or a combination of both. I've got my eyes on the Mountain Ops brigade, so I want my kit to be at least part of the way there. Anybody have insight on a jet/backpack combo?

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2021, 01:25 PM by Fenn Ryse » Logged

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel narir'shekemir, draar solus"
Re: Jetpack? Backpack? Both?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2021, 09:32 AM »
I think just jetpack would look cool ;) but you could have a small pouch or bag hanging from your belt. Or you could make the back of your jetpack open to store stuff. :P

:sabine:

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2021, 10:33 AM »

you could make a jetpack based on the jump pack from Battlefront add a few pouches some netting a couple accessories and you might have a jetpack that would work as a backpack.

"the most important step of a journey is the first"

"I know that my blaster loaded, and my knife is sharp, everything  after that is a toss of the die"
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2021, 01:29 PM »
So I've settled on a jumppack, using some surplus backpacks and shoulder bags. For the thrusters, I was inspired by a build that used two Dyson cyclones. I'm planning on making the pack frame out of  PVC. Has anyone else gotten a PVC frame approved? If so, any pointers?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!