Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Colors and Painted Pattern Ideas? (Memorial Armor)

• 3 Replies

Brenning

• Now with 40% MORE delusional goodness!
Colors and Painted Pattern Ideas? (Memorial Armor)
« on: Sep 10, 2021, 10:56 PM »
So for my armor, with the concept of it being inspired by "Legends" that I'm swapping out some parts in honor of real fallen loved ones, I'm trying to think how to make those specific plates pop a little more than just being a different color from my "base" armor.  I had an idea some time back, but with having lost more people since, I've decided to start the color plan from scratch.  I wonder if anyone has some ideas that fit other than simply "stripes" or checkerboard-like patterns that would still fit in CRLs. 

Most of the individual memory stuff will be strings of chest diamonds attached to my belt or something, so I feel like I can composite the meaning in the swapped plates using more than one color (like red can be in honor of all my parental figures, not just my mom, but then another part might have multiple colors in honor of my friends who didn't make it while I was going through chemo). 

So color-wise, my plan is a "base" armor that is "my" armor, primarily grey with some orange trim.  Swapped plates will have some real world meanings (like the colors of a few awareness ribbon) and in-universe (like red for honoring a parent), other stuff just incorporating their favorite colors or similarly colors with meaning. 

Figured having an idea for paint patterns might also help decide what styles to go for certain plates (as I'm starting back at square one), like I'd hate to go in without a plan and have an idea for a rounded shoulder plate paint design but then get an angular shoulder plate. 

Brenning

Re: Colors and Painted Pattern Ideas? (Memorial Armor)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2021, 12:43 AM »
Also, three questions since I can't seem to ask in another subforum:

Is the mir'shupur sigil allowed?  As I do technically have brain damage (though from chemo and treatments, not from battle). 

And if so:  Does anyone know how the sigil's design would appear?  I know it was stated to be a combination of the runes of M and S, but exactly HOW they were combined I wasn't sure.

And finally:  Is the medic symbol from Clone Troopers acceptable?  (this, but in red)

Figure it would work twofold, pay respect to my loved ones who worked in the medical field (such as my mom and grandparents were EMTs and a few of my "adoptive" parental figures were doctors and nurses from my time in treatments), and that my Mando persona has medical training (I trained to be an EMT but I wasn't emotionally strong enough to actuall go through with it, and I didn't want anyone to suffer because of my own weakness). 

Unless there is another "universal" symbol for medic in the Star Wars universe I'm missing, just thought this was the closest thing. 

Avior Braisa

• Bobble-Fett
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2021, 12:58 AM »
I did a quick forum search and found this post that may answer your question about the mir'shupur symbol.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=151775.msg1874595#msg1874595
As for the medical symbol, that is acceptable.

I also want to commend you on your ongoing fight and wish you well.

Aiwha Riders Clan
OM #2296 A & B
T.P.S. #7
O.O.P.S. #67
M.A.J.I.C. #186
Q.M.U. #92 <-Hey, it rhymes!
House Nelvaan Armored Squirrel #10

Brenning

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2021, 01:06 AM »
I did a quick forum search and found this post that may answer your question about the mir'shupur symbol.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=151775.msg1874595#msg1874595
As for the medical symbol, that is acceptable.

I also want to commend you on your ongoing fight and wish you well.

Thank you very much, both the assist and well wishes.   :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!