Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Tes Vevec

• 34 Replies
Re: WIP Tes Vevec
« Reply #30 on: Jul 06, 2021, 09:20 PM »
They’re coming out nicely!
For the gauntlets, to smooth the finish and the last remaining print lines just a bit, it might be a good idea to sand with super high grit and do another coat of paint before you clear coat.

For you boots, they’re turning out pretty well.  Once you clean up the white edges of the material and the glue spot on the finish, they’ll look super close to references!

Great job!

Will work more on the gauntlets. Thank you!
The boots didn't end up working out.

« Reply #31 on: Sep 29, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Got my belt and pouches in. Super pretty and makes me want to do a clean kit just so I don't mess it up.

Thanks to Siyrn for sharing her color secret for my bucket, I have my colors picked out but waiting for a new print. I also got my visor in Fire from Kalevala Visors on the forum. Don't mind the grey, that's actually from where I pulled off the tape but the color shown would be seen if I weathered  ;D

I scratched the flight suit I did and decided to go with a darker color. Don't remember if I mentioned it earlier but it was brought to my attention that blues and purples are used as highlights for black in comics. So, I'll either go with black or pewter. This is a swatch of pewter. Any thoughts on the flight suit color?

Ru'Stor Rawr

• “Buy'ce olar, kar'ta ogir”
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member Airmobile brigade member Special Operations Brigade Member EnviroOps Special Weapons
« Reply #32 on: Sep 29, 2021, 11:28 AM »
Very Nice, the belt is matches the reference images almost perfectly, Colors on the lid are very good as well
you're doing a wonderful job !

« Reply #33 on: Sep 29, 2021, 01:41 PM »
Very Nice, the belt is matches the reference images almost perfectly, Colors on the lid are very good as well
you're doing a wonderful job !

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm taking my time and making sure she comes out accurate even when working with someone for a commission.

Ru'Stor Rawr

• “Buy'ce olar, kar'ta ogir”
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member Airmobile brigade member Special Operations Brigade Member EnviroOps Special Weapons
« Reply #34 on: Sep 29, 2021, 01:48 PM »
Slow is smooth, keep up the great work! looking forward to the updates

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!