Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Tes Vevec

• 46 Replies
Re: WIP Tes Vevec
« Reply #25 on: Jul 01, 2021, 06:23 PM »
Dang, those leather pouches and holster a great!

I cant wait to see how the boots turn out!

Yes!! his leatherwork is amazing. Totally worth it!

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2021, 12:25 PM by Ja'Thisla Vaeen » Logged
« Reply #26 on: Jul 04, 2021, 10:11 PM »
Painted gauntlets today. Color is perfect!!

I used this paint:

Also, finished the one boot with light weathering after painting. Followed the suggestions of getting Angelus paint. Can't thank you guys enough. Decided to keep the brown suede as is.

Will add more weathering once I finish my shin armor.

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #27 on: Jul 05, 2021, 12:42 PM »
Your build always gets me pumped seeing it come along. I cant wait to see how the Springs AP goes this weekend so get you further and further building.

How's the Helmet coming along?

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval
« Reply #28 on: Jul 05, 2021, 01:25 PM »
Your build always gets me pumped seeing it come along. I cant wait to see how the Springs AP goes this weekend so get you further and further building.

How's the Helmet coming along?

Thanks!

I just finished peeling off all the latex paint and sprayed a layer of chrome and the another layer when that's dry. I'm also waiting to here back from the other female that's doing this build because she has the exact color I need for the helmet. Hoping she'll share what she did.

For the AP on Saturday, I'm hoping to have all my armore templates done so Uriah can check it before cutting and I can start cutting it out.

« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2021, 01:49 PM by Ja'Thisla Vaeen » Logged

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #29 on: Jul 06, 2021, 09:07 AM »
They’re coming out nicely!
For the gauntlets, to smooth the finish and the last remaining print lines just a bit, it might be a good idea to sand with super high grit and do another coat of paint before you clear coat.

For you boots, they’re turning out pretty well.  Once you clean up the white edges of the material and the glue spot on the finish, they’ll look super close to references!

Great job!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP
« Reply #30 on: Jul 06, 2021, 09:20 PM »
They’re coming out nicely!
For the gauntlets, to smooth the finish and the last remaining print lines just a bit, it might be a good idea to sand with super high grit and do another coat of paint before you clear coat.

For you boots, they’re turning out pretty well.  Once you clean up the white edges of the material and the glue spot on the finish, they’ll look super close to references!

Great job!

Will work more on the gauntlets. Thank you!
The boots didn't end up working out.

« Reply #31 on: Sep 29, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Got my belt and pouches in. Super pretty and makes me want to do a clean kit just so I don't mess it up.

Thanks to Siyrn for sharing her color secret for my bucket, I have my colors picked out but waiting for a new print. I also got my visor in Fire from Kalevala Visors on the forum. Don't mind the grey, that's actually from where I pulled off the tape but the color shown would be seen if I weathered  ;D

I scratched the flight suit I did and decided to go with a darker color. Don't remember if I mentioned it earlier but it was brought to my attention that blues and purples are used as highlights for black in comics. So, I'll either go with black or pewter. This is a swatch of pewter. Any thoughts on the flight suit color?

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Airmobile brigade member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #32 on: Sep 29, 2021, 11:28 AM »
Very Nice, the belt is matches the reference images almost perfectly, Colors on the lid are very good as well
you're doing a wonderful job !

« Reply #33 on: Sep 29, 2021, 01:41 PM »
Very Nice, the belt is matches the reference images almost perfectly, Colors on the lid are very good as well
you're doing a wonderful job !

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm taking my time and making sure she comes out accurate even when working with someone for a commission.

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Airmobile brigade member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #34 on: Sep 29, 2021, 01:48 PM »
Slow is smooth, keep up the great work! looking forward to the updates

« Reply #35 on: Jan 19, 2022, 05:56 PM »
So, I've been working on the waist down. I had to buy a different color in scrubs and alter them as well wait for the boots to get delivered. Decided to go with a black flight suit, it'll definitely make the color pop.

As for armor, this is where I am with the leg pieces.

Reference:

I've already shortened the knee by 1/4" and it sits a little higher. In the process of fixing the boot armor piece before I mirror this for the other leg and update the thread.

Also working on doing bondo work with the bucket. I had to get it reprinted a tad bit larger.

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #36 on: Jan 19, 2022, 07:09 PM »
You’re on the right track! The boot cover and bottom lame look like they also have rivets. Keep up the great work!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #37 on: Jan 19, 2022, 10:29 PM »
Looks good, Nice work with the armor, wish we has more lower body images to Tes, would make things easier  ;D
The flight suit is my concern, Charcoal grey is the color I would go with for accuracy.

keep up the great work!

« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2022, 08:54 AM »
You’re on the right track! The boot cover and bottom lame look like they also have rivets. Keep up the great work!

Yes, will definitely add the rivets once I finalize the pieces. In the photo, it's just a paper template. Although even the 3mm Sintra doesn't sit as nicely as paper lol.

« Reply #39 on: Jan 20, 2022, 08:58 AM »
Looks good, Nice work with the armor, wish we has more lower body images to Tes, would make things easier  ;D
The flight suit is my concern, Charcoal grey is the color I would go with for accuracy.

keep up the great work!

I chose to switch to a black flight suit because it was brought to my attention how highlights for black are depicted in comics. Her highlights are blue and purples, like superman's hair. I can easily change the color again though if that's strongly recommended, I've only altered the pants so far.

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2022, 10:59 AM »
I would recommend the charcoal grey, for the accuracy, I know how difficult it can be to bring a comic to life, and you’re doing such a wonderful job so far, I wouldn’t want to see that be the one detail we overlooked.
You’re doing a great job!

« Reply #41 on: Jan 20, 2022, 03:50 PM »
I would recommend the charcoal grey, for the accuracy, I know how difficult it can be to bring a comic to life, and you’re doing such a wonderful job so far, I wouldn’t want to see that be the one detail we overlooked.
You’re doing a great job!

Consider it done  :D and thanks

« Reply #42 on: Jan 21, 2022, 09:07 AM »
This is the grey I have, compared to black. Would the shade pass or should it be darker? Don't mind the hair. I work in an animal clinic  ;D

Also, My vest is in the works, commissioned, but wanted to see what everyone thinks of the color choices.
These are the fabric colors on hand. I was going to use the duckcloth as a base for the vest to make it more sturdy. Brown on the left and the red one is more orange.

I was thinking of adding this color as the top color. It's more yellow in the picture from the light because it has a sheen to it but it's more of a brown. Lighter than the duckcloth brown color in the pic above. I would say it's darker than cardboard box color.

Any thoughts before the vest starts being made?

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2022, 09:06 PM »
I do like that grey for the flight suit, another option is color stripping the black, you can try that if you want to explore that possibility. Im good with the colors for the vest. I really like that yellow! :)

Kal Vizsla

• "Enemies no matter, they´re all the same to me..."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2022, 03:49 PM »
I love the way it´s taken form the character´s armor! kepp up the good work

Kalaval Zil BigFang Clan(Mex)  contact: 
 https://www.facebook.com/BigFangClan.Mexico
M.A.J.I.C. 122   B.E.A.R.D.S. 046  V.R.C.A 034
« Reply #45 on: Dec 31, 2022, 01:42 PM »
I love the way it´s taken form the character´s armor! kepp up the good work

Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks! I'm really trying to stay true to the comic.

« Reply #46 on: Feb 24, 2024, 01:14 PM »
WIP to continue shortly. Been MIA for the past year but ready to get back into it and hopefully finish this year.  :porg2:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!