Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

1st Build - Post Imperial WIP

• 13 Replies

Lore Vizsla

• When it’s grim, be the grim reaper…
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
1st Build - Post Imperial WIP
« on: Mar 09, 2021, 12:46 PM »
Hello all! I have been in the processes of figuring out what I wanted to go with as my first build bouncing back between different color schemes (white/gold to black/gold to mostly black).  I love the look on the post imperial armor and coupled it with AlterEgoArmory's Guardian helmet to get the basic model down and gaining input from  people decided to invest into the black one first with hints of gold to accent going for a spec ops feel.

https://imgur.com/xaRYcii

I've collected a number of pictures for some of the work on progress but will add it as additional posts to this thread.

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2021, 12:55 PM by Avatar Lore » Logged

Lore Vizsla

Re: 1st Build - Post Imperial WIP
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2021, 12:59 PM »
Updates on Armor pieces

https://imgur.com/yXmpqLm

https://imgur.com/yuRkbxQ

Progress Test

Next Steps, add a bit of weathering, finishing lower body, creating greeblies for the bandalier, creating a Songsteel blade for the melee weapon.

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2021, 01:06 PM by Avatar Lore » Logged

Odran Krayt

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din (Family is more than blood)
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2021, 01:06 PM »
Looking good so far, though there seem so be a few bits of print lines showing, especially around the ears on the helmet. Even if the lines are mostly sanded, the app team will still notice the ripple in spots that aren't fully smoothed.

But it looks like a solid concept, can't wait to see it done!

B.O.M.B.  #85|L.O.B. #41|M.A. #180|MAJIC #184|B.o.B.B #028
New Death Watch Order #44|O.O.P.S! #44
ALUMINATI #053 | V.B.V #7
Odran Krayt WIP
Nexan Armories (Sales thread)
I've been doin' this since I was 10!

Lore Vizsla

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2021, 01:08 PM »
Thanks for the input!

Cdeal

« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2021, 11:42 AM »
looks really good so far!

Lore Vizsla

« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2021, 01:10 PM »
Thanks Cdeal!

Spartan 116

• You stick em, I'll kill em.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2021, 01:15 PM »
Looking good so far, though there seem so be a few bits of print lines showing, especially around the ears on the helmet. Even if the lines are mostly sanded, the app team will still notice the ripple in spots that aren't fully smoothed.

But it looks like a solid concept, can't wait to see it done!

Yeah I agree you gonna put any yellow on the front plate? Also try some ageing for your bags (They look too new). But love the suit looks like my second build. Your thigh pads are pee wee size? And where are your shins ?

Lore Vizsla

« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2021, 01:42 PM »
Hi Spartan 116, I appreciate the feedback.  Like Odran Krayt, pointed out previously, I am planning on going back to try to remove the bits of print lines still remaining and weathering any problem spots in the armor just waiting for the weather to get warmer to do so. I was also looking into weathering the pouches and bandolier after I printed up some greeblies for it. I also plan to paint that iron heart gold as well along with the knee armor.

Funny you mention the thigh plates, after some second reviews I felt they were a bit on the smaller side also so I made a new set that is much larger than those pictured which I plan on post processing soon along with the gaunts and reprocessing areas on the helmet.  I just got knees done also which is also on the list for post processing.  I don't currently have shins as part of the kit (using wraps instead) which actually just came in so I will do another update picture soon when all of the lower kit is closer to being finished.

Thank you for the input!

Lore Vizsla

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 12:15 PM »
So just wanted to add some photos to the work log, a lot happened while I was working on the original kit but long story short my desired color scheme wasn’t  compatible with the original material (pla) I printed in, so I decided to repaint the above set to something I know will stand up to the sun (white). In the meantime I have reprinted the majority of parts in ABS to give me the desired resistance to heat with my flat black scheme. After working with it also reached out for help.  The following pictures are some of the work I have done so far.

Jayt skybreak

• "The third edge of this blade is the Mandalorian."
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 08:55 PM »
Looking good! I love the black plates with the gold highlights!

-Ibic te manda
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 09:24 PM »
Holy cow, man, this looks amazing.  Really like the gold visor in your bucket.  The whole setup color scheme reminds me a bit of the clone commando black armor.  Can't wait to see the finished product.  Also, what is the blade of your spear/pike staff made of?

Brothers All

Lore Vizsla

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 12:55 AM »
@Jayt Skybreak - Thank you! I appreciate the compliment.

@Aspen Ordo - It is a Ripper Blade, gladius model but it is their cosmic theme.  The pole is made from ultrasaber pike extensions and a mhs compatible blade holder. That blade in the previous picture was a place holder only. I bought a kit from them that I am either planning on painting or wrapping for a more conventional looking blade.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 12:58 AM by Avatar Lore » Logged
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 05:56 PM »
Huh!  I'd never thought of using Ultrasaber parts, but that's brilliant!  It looks cool as-is, but I can see you wanting something that might match the armor better.  Thanks for the reference/ideas :D

Brothers All

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!