Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question: Armorer paint tips

• 7 Replies

Karg'ta

• Weapons are part of my religion...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Question: Armorer paint tips
« on: Mar 10, 2021, 05:19 PM »
Hi,
I'm building for my wife an Armorer costume: we did a lot of work: not happy with the 3D files on the market, I ask to a friend to create some files more accurate. Soon I will have to paint the armor and I am asking for advice:
1) color of the armor: I know that on the crl it's a "burgundy" even if the references are varied. Obviously, those of the toys (right) are not to be taken into consideration, but burgundy (in the center), seems to me very far from what appears on the screen (left).

So I did some tests mixing some colours. Obviously the proofs are pre weathering so the color will be darker, but I want to use the color under the arrow....what do you think? (Borgundy is the colour on the left of the arrow)

2) Effect on the helmet: I found a gold with a finish that I like and that I think might come close, but I still don't know how to make the raised stitches.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2021, 05:26 PM by Karg'ta » Logged
OM2498 - 4th Nov 2020

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel verburyc, draar solus"
Re: Question: Armorer paint tips
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2021, 09:23 AM »
That's so sweet ;D how are the files coming along? I think that the one elevated on the block next to the arrow looks the best.  :jango:

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2021, 11:33 AM »
You should be fine with the one under the arrow or even the one to the right of it.

Karg'ta

• Weapons are part of my religion...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2021, 08:04 AM »
That's so sweet ;D how are the files coming along? I think that the one elevated on the block next to the arrow looks the best.  :jango:
You should be fine with the one under the arrow or even the one to the right of it.

Files are available from my friend Etsy store "3DConstructus". For the color as you say, I think that the one elevated on the block next to the arrow is better, but it is the color farther from burgundy suggested in the CRL...

OM2498 - 4th Nov 2020

Goran'La

• Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2021, 04:36 PM »
Just finished, I'm so happy!!!

Our secrecy is our survival. Our survival is our strength

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel verburyc, draar solus"
« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2021, 07:45 AM »
 that looks awesome!! Good job! :like: and please tell your wife, I love her hair! It's soooo pretty!

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."

Arco'thyel Wyshla

• Certified crazy cat mando
« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2021, 05:21 PM »
Very nice, I especially like the weathering on the helmet! Looks like you've selected a great color for the chest plate.

Also, nobody can prove the Armorer doesn't canonically have cool blue hair... :8):

| Hard Goods WIP | Soft Goods WIP | Planning Log |

"Visit Mandalore before Mandalore visits you. Take home some souvenirs—a slab of uj cake and a smack in the mouth." ―Baltan Carid

"Don’t take this the wrong way you guys, but uh, Mandalorians are crazy." ―Ezra Bridger

Goran'La

• Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2021, 07:28 AM »
that looks awesome!! Good job! :like: and please tell your wife, I love her hair! It's soooo pretty!
Thank you very much!

Very nice, I especially like the weathering on the helmet! Looks like you've selected a great color for the chest plate.

Also, nobody can prove the Armorer doesn't canonically have cool blue hair... :8):
Thank you! You're right!

Our secrecy is our survival. Our survival is our strength

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!