Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP - My Bucket in AZ

• 8 Replies
WIP - My Bucket in AZ
« on: Mar 02, 2021, 03:26 PM »
:mcq1: 
So I started this.  It's based on many of the videos and comments, etc from you lot.

Paper Version:

Bought a couple of buckets:

And used an old boarding helmet:

Used a newly acquired Riveter from HF:

And cut out and glued another layer:

Getting a little cheeky:

And I know you were wondering about my other end:

Have to fill in to fill in the slots:

Took a break to make an ear cap from a tub, lid, a protein powder tub and a For Sale sign:

And last I have done.... so far, is add an old hand-dryer vent to the back:

Oh---- And I finally had the nerve to cut away the "T":

More to come.  I am now working on the other Ear cap.  Went for symmetry with this build.  I will do a range finder on the next one.  And the interior - with pads, fans, and of course the visor.  I have chosen my colors:  Brown, hunter green and Apple red.

I welcome any input.

Jel'Driik Venn 

Star Wars fan since 1977

1st WIP.... And I DID cut myself

The Bearded Mando

• Run if you must, but you will only die tired.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: WIP - My Bucket in AZ
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2021, 06:34 PM »
Lookin good so far  :like:

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2021, 07:41 PM »
That’s a nice homer build! Very clean on the cheeks!

QMU#084

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2021, 11:35 PM »
As a scratch builder myself, this is looking very well done. As Bow said, those cheeks are looking great. Those are the hardest parts in my opinion. Nailed it though!

MMCC #1484¦¦50 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan 
B.E.A.R.D.S #97 ¦ M.A.R.S. #21
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2021, 04:12 PM »
As a scratch builder myself, this is looking very well done. As Bow said, those cheeks are looking great. Those are the hardest parts in my opinion. Nailed it though!

Thank you both.  I used hot glue to hold the pieces in place after I shaped them with a little heat.  then I used fiberglass on the inside to set them in place.  I removed all the hot glue on the out side.  then I just trimmed some of the edges.  If I got lucky.... then HELL YEAH!   :mcq1:

TheBeardedMando deserved the credit on this method I believe

Jel'Driik Venn 

Star Wars fan since 1977

The Bearded Mando

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:57 PM »
  :like:

« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2021, 02:23 PM »
Update:  As of 3/13 - I have since sanded, sanded, primed, filled, and sanded again...

Did some friendly Interior padding

I have also sprayed interior with "Flexidip" - Black

I still Primed once more after this with some filling on the right Ear cap +:

It now has the metallic under coat, so the next step for me is added the liquid latex to start the weathering process.

Jel'Driik Venn 

Star Wars fan since 1977

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2021, 02:32 PM »
did you take care of the seam lines behind the ear cap at the top and bottom? everything else about the helmet looks great!

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2021, 02:43 PM »
did you take care of the seam lines behind the ear cap at the top and bottom? everything else about the helmet looks great!

Definitely.  I took a different approach with the right than the left.  As a result the Right is about 1.5mm thicker - Not noticeable accept to me.....and now maybe you.... and whoever else reads this.

Jel'Driik Venn 

Star Wars fan since 1977

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!