Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Where do I put my long hair?

• 7 Replies

Kaden Corde

• the cardboardalorian
Where do I put my long hair?
« on: Mar 09, 2024, 09:05 AM »
I am new here and I am trying to figure out how to hide my long hair somehow.
Previously with my cardboard kit I made, the bucket was very large so I would do Princess-Leia-esque milkmaid braids to keep it hidden, but there isn’t enough room for that in my new black series dw helmet, which is unfortunate because I loved the look when I took my helmet off.  :( (my hair was also considerably shorter then)
My hair is waist length, straight, and about medium thickness. I am thinking about braiding it in one long, loose braid and having it tucked underneath my flight suit and wear a balaclava on top, but I am nervous that it will either make me really warm and uncomfortable with the hair on the back of my neck or it will look weird and bulky under the flight suit. I don’t really want to have it visible, I would appreciate some advice from fellow long-haired mandos!  :)

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2024, 09:05 PM by Kaden Corde » Logged
The Creed of the Society of the Summoned Verd'ika:
I swear on my name and the name's of my ancestors
That I shall come when summoned
That I shall adhere to the interference of the Nightsisters
This is the way
WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=247251.0

Nibralgurr Skirata

• "Ni ne dinuir laam pelyc. Ni ratiin kaden nibral"
Re: Where do I put my long hair?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2024, 11:03 AM »
I also have long hair and I always have the same problem as you

"Yeah. Very heavy. Heavy is best"

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2024, 01:21 AM »
While I'm a guy, I too have long hair. I simply wear mine in a low ponytail at the nape of my neck and let it hang down behind my back. You could also do like the character Vhonte Tervho and wear your hair in a pair of braids:

Nibralgurr Skirata

« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2024, 10:17 AM »
I would do it but in my village everyone knows me as "the one with the long hair" and if I go with my braids out of the armor they recognize me immediately  :porg2:

Kaden Corde

• the cardboardalorian
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2024, 12:48 PM »
I also think that I would be a little too recognizable for my liking if I had my hair out of my helmet in braids.
Also, I was wondering if I applied for OM without my hair showing and got accepted, and then had it down in braids at an event, would that not be allowed? I don’t know if you have to keep your hair the same as your app.

This is the way
WIP:

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2024, 01:04 PM »
Also, I was wondering if I applied for OM without my hair showing and got accepted, and then had it down in braids at an event, would that not be allowed? I don’t know if you have to keep your hair the same as your app.

I've seen braids a lot in OM kits while trooping.  As far as not showing vs showing I'll liken it to a beard.  Beards can show in the front of helmets.  If someone were to shave off their beard it would still be the same kit.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 84
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Kaden Corde

• the cardboardalorian
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2024, 01:21 PM »
Ok thanks, good to know if I ever decide to do braids  :like:

This is the way
WIP:

Nibralgurr Skirata

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2024, 04:55 PM »
Now that I think about it, we didn't say that wecould simply hide under a cloak, to make them disappear completely, however,we would need to have a collar that covers the gap on the back of your neck, in case the cloak doesn't work.

To be clear, the extended part of the collar would go down a few centimeters respectively in the yellow quadrant, arriving just below where the cape begins (red quadrant) and then the rest of the work would be done by the latter.
I've never thought about it but I think I'll give it a try

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!