Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First helmet! and my version of the production process

• 2 Replies
hello everyone! I also decided to post some photos of my first helmet, which I made during the Christmas holidays. Due to the fact that I do not have the ability to print on a 3d printer (I do not have a printer), I made a helmet using a new technology for myself-weaving a frame of copper wire and strengthening it with a bandage, impregnating it with epoxy resin. The final irregularities were cleaned with putty. Although I had experience in the production of armor (I am engaged in historical reenactors), such experience was new to me, so the helmet turned out to be strong, but unsightly... So I think I'll make myself a new helmet soon. In my insta, I talked in detail about the production process. In fact, a very exciting process!
 :jango:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LGgGWPgdLo3mnVYy5

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2021, 03:23 AM by Erik_Fjarn » Logged

Akakyram

• Armorsmith
Re: First helmet!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2021, 10:47 AM »
A fascinating way to go about a resin build ner vod!  Definitely a good outcome for a first attempt  :)  :boba:

Re: First helmet!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2021, 11:21 AM »
Thanks! Now in the process of two more helmets, for my close friends, I'm honing the technology, if I can say so. The second came out frankly unsuccessful, I don't even want to show it, to be honest, but the third and the frame of the fourth - it's quite nothing, as it seems to me
a some photos of the process -
pasting the frame with paper pulp to align the silhouette:

the first layer of epoxy:

the fourth helmet, the girl wanted a helmet like Sabin's:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!