Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Parts WIP (First Kit)

• 0 Replies
Soft Parts WIP (First Kit)
« on: Apr 09, 2021, 04:11 PM »
Hey everyone! I've gotten enough of the soft parts for my kit that I figured I should make a WIP thread. I'll start with a picture of me wearing all the soft parts that I have so far and then I'll go through and break them down individually (sorry for the bad lighting in most of the pictures).

My flight suit is a set of black coveralls by Natural Uniforms. I've removed the two back pockets and the two chest pockets. I still need to sew the side pockets shut and I accidentally tore a small hole in the chest when I was using the seam ripper so I will need to patch that hole.

I got my flak vest in black from Kraam X'rati (it looks grey in the picture due to flash). His flak vests are high quality and I would certainly recommend buying from him.

I picked up some gardening gloves from Lowes for my gloves, I believe they were Blue Hawk brand. They don't have any logos on them, so I don't need to worry about covering anything up. I plan to weather them by just doing some yard work.

The boots I'm using are a pair of steel-toed work boots (specifically Wolverine brand) that I've had for a while. I've worn them while working quite a bit so they're already weathered. The only logos are one on the bottom of each boot (which I plan to remove) and one high enough up on the boot that they will be covered by the flight suit.

Those are all the parts that I have as of right now. I still need the girth belt, regular belt, and holster. I'm going to try to make the girth belt myself using the instructions that people have posted on the forums. If anyone knows where I can find a good holster belt for Westar 35s for a good price, please let me know. That's about it for now, I would love to hear your thoughts on what I have so far and on my plans to get the rest of the parts I need.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!