Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Legacy WIP

• 8 Replies
Legacy WIP
« on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:54 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Here is my Legacy Armor that I have been working on. Forgot to take pictures as I went. I am really liking the way it is turning out. Sorry no pictures wearing yet. Any advice

This is the look I am going for.

MortuisBonum

• Yai'yai fine cup of coffee
Re: Legacy WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2021, 01:42 PM »
You still working on this? How's it coming along? Great progress so far.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2021, 10:34 PM »
I have been making some progress with the armor. Waiting for some pieces to come in to finish up the flak vest so I can do a final fitting then its on to paint. I have got the front and back mounted together at the shoulder which will be hidden by a cape. Shouldn't be long before I have the thigh and shin armor done either just waiting on sintra to arrive. I have included a couple photos of my gauntlets too. I 3d Printed then and just got around to the paint. Some painting left on the top buttons to do.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2021, 07:19 PM »
Got some more work done on the Gauntlets.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2021, 01:04 AM »
Nice design on the armour and looking forward to seeing this come together.... can you get your head through the armour in one piece with the solid mounts ?

« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2021, 07:09 AM »
I can but just barely. I have to fold my ears a certain way and it rubs. I am going to take about 1/8 to 1/4 inch off the back collar to make it a little easier. My flak vest is the same way. I want to have a kit that didn't require a lot of piecing together that I could just put on and go.
Here are some updates on the entire kit. Thigh armor, Shoulders attached, and flak vest with flight suit.

« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2021, 01:51 PM »
Very nicely done. I have a similar Set up on mine where I can only just get my head through although mines held together by leather .
Like your gauntlets as well .

« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2021, 09:43 PM »
I finally got the shoulders reshaped and put back together. Even took the time to Give it a base coat in satin Nickel. In the photos you can see a few imperfections in the armor. Scratches and the like. I plan on making them into damaged areas in the final paint. Goal for tomorrow is to give the armor its grey coat and if the weather holds out maybe the red coat as well.

Shoulders- Red
Trauma Plates- Red
Iron Heart- Orange

« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2021, 08:08 PM »
Was able to get some more work done on my kit.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!