Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

IceColld's Chest Armour - WiP (Pic heavy)

• 3 Replies

IceCold

• AKA Ice'Cold or just Ice
IceColld's Chest Armour - WiP (Pic heavy)
« on: Sep 08, 2021, 02:09 PM »
Hi again folks

After my Gauntlet post earlier (https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=205964.0) I thought i'd crack straight on with the Chest armour next.

So previously i've drawn out the templates and slightly heated and moulded some to shape.

So that i've done already, Today i've (Temp) attached the armour pieces to my flak vest to see about sizing and spacing, but was hard to take pics alone, so please don't judge the photos! lol.

So i've noticed that the right and left armour plates on the chest need to be moulded in more so they don't stick out so much at the bottom. And that the collar plate needs to be moulded more at the centre to bring the 2 ends down more as it's too flat at the mo.

I also wondered what it looked like with a helmet on, but my Mando helm was down, down stairs, so grabbed another that was close, just for sizing.

So thats the stage i'm up too currently, whats peoples thoughts on spacing / sizing, etc.

Thanks again

Ice

Lid: 90%
Chest/abdom Armour: 40%
Arm/Leg/Boot Armour: 20%
Textiles: 50%
Belt/pouches: 50%
Weapons: 50%

evening.echiveria

• CEO of socks
Re: IceColld's Chest Armour - WiP (Pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2021, 01:21 AM »
Sizing seems good, maybe the chest pieces are a little wide but that ultimately comes down to how you can move in it. I definitely agree with what you said about molding the pieces more, it's super important that they are fitted to your body.
Your gauntlet post is cool, you did a great job with painting and weathering! One comment, there are a bunch of print lines left on them which may be a problem with approval. Print lines are such a pain!

they/them | mav oya'la clan | Aster WIP

IceCold

• AKA Ice'Cold or just Ice
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2021, 04:35 AM »
Sizing seems good, maybe the chest pieces are a little wide but that ultimately comes down to how you can move in it. I definitely agree with what you said about molding the pieces more, it's super important that they are fitted to your body.
Your gauntlet post is cool, you did a great job with painting and weathering! One comment, there are a bunch of print lines left on them which may be a problem with approval. Print lines are such a pain!

Ooo thats interesting, up close i thought i'd got out most of the print lines? A couple were quite deep so i turned them into battle damage, lol. And yes i agree, print lines are a pain!  :D

Thanks for the input on the chest, needs more heat gun molding, i'm on it today hopefully.

Ice

Lid: 90%
Chest/abdom Armour: 40%
Arm/Leg/Boot Armour: 20%
Textiles: 50%
Belt/pouches: 50%
Weapons: 50%

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel narir'shekemir, draar solus"
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2021, 09:00 AM »
Su'cuy, I think a heat gun would definitely help the armor fit better. But I as think attaching some snaps or Velcro to the bottom of the armor were it is sticking out it might help as well. How dose the rest of the armor fit? Good job taking the pictures by yourself, they turned out much better then when I try tried doing it. :laugh:

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!