Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Trampís Mando Kit WIP

• 200 Replies
Re: Trampís Mando Kit WIP
« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2022, 11:58 AM »
An extremely spare, dry hit with som rub'n'buff might punch it up - the black with some silver highlights would look really great and look like metal showing through a worn coating.

The cap seems like it'll always feel  'earth' to me, but maybe a simple wrap in leather? Not sure exactly because it's an iconic form factor.
What do you think about switching up the pouch to black leather, and adding a long, thin pocket for a sci-fi tool on the side of the pouch (field sterilizer tool?). It might help break up the iconic look of the field canteen pouch and pull it more towards Swarzy.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2022, 12:36 PM »
An extremely spare, dry hit with som rub'n'buff might punch it up - the black with some silver highlights would look really great and look like metal showing through a worn coating.

The cap seems like it'll always feel  'earth' to me, but maybe a simple wrap in leather? Not sure exactly because it's an iconic form factor.
What do you think about switching up the pouch to black leather, and adding a long, thin pocket for a sci-fi tool on the side of the pouch (field sterilizer tool?). It might help break up the iconic look of the field canteen pouch and pull it more towards Swarzy.

Leather doesn't fit in with the rest of my belt pouches, which are all nylon fabric military surplus. It already has a small pouch on the front (ostensibly for holding iodine tablets for water purification). I also need to void adding "wear" to my kit, especially "artificial" wear. Remember, my kit is a "clean" kit, so adding weathering isn't an option. I also have serious concerns about applying paint onto something I will be driving out of.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2022, 11:07 AM »
I just ordered the new Durango Harness boots. Not sure how long it's going to take for shipping, but I'll let you know when they come in. Then, it's off to the shoe repair guys to replace the back strap. I'm also thinking of replacing all of the chromed steel hardware with brass, as that would be more consistent with the rest of the kit. I've also ordered some new brass buckles for all of my straps and belts. The gold paint is just not durable enough on those high wear parts for trooping and peels off to easily.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2022, 08:24 PM »
Got some more work done on my kit. I finally have my new boots. I still need to replace the back strap, but that'll have to wait until In can get the leather straps needed. The shoe repair guy doesn't have the right kind of leather.  >:(

On the plus side, I do have my new inner vambraces. to tighten up my sleeves, and I have a full set of new brass buckles on my cuirass, belts, and thigh strap.

D'shon Lorra

• Through Pain We Learn
« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2022, 02:23 PM »
Those brass bits really pop.  :like:

~☆~ Lorra

-:- Cabur Akaata 218 -:- N.O.S. 037 -:- M.V.S. 116 -:- Grey Brigade 20 -:- Clan Arqet -:- OM 2678 -:-

Adol Aaray Mhi Hibira

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #200 on: Jun 03, 2022, 05:22 PM »
Boots are finally done and they look great. The back strap was replaced, thus getting rid of the offending logo. I Almohad all of the steel hardware replaced with antiqued brass hardware, and they look soooooo much better as a result, especially with the kit.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!