Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Trampís Mando Kit WIP

• 40 Replies

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
Re: Trampís Mando Kit WIP
« Reply #30 on: Jun 25, 2021, 12:33 PM »
I think your best bet would be the warbla idea or to just permanently attach some sintra to that strap as an added armor piece.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #31 on: Jun 25, 2021, 12:42 PM »
I think your best bet would be the warbla idea or to just permanently attach some sintra to that strap as an added armor piece.
itís not the strap. The strap is well hidden by my bracers. Itís the armor plate on the back of the hand itself thatís the issue. Look just to the inside of the pinky ridge of the hand plate. Thereís an embossed Valken logo molded directly into the plastic on both gloves that is raised about 1/16Ē. Thatís the one Iím having trouble with because I donít want to ruin the gloves or leave a ďscarĒ.

Rhue_Shofytt

• Diet Sprite
« Reply #32 on: Jun 25, 2021, 04:04 PM »
You can still use worbla or sintra to make a small plate that fits over the logo, regardless of where it's located on the glove...

Per aspera, ad astra

First WIP

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #33 on: Jun 26, 2021, 05:37 PM »
Thereís an embossed Valken logo molded directly into the plastic on both gloves that is raised about 1/16Ē. Thatís the one Iím having trouble with because I donít want to ruin the gloves or leave a ďscarĒ.

I think your worbla or Sintra strips would be the best plan.  Sanding will leave a scar.  A plate would completely change the look and I like them as is.  It would also be very hard to hide the letters with greeblies, not impossible just hard. 

But three narrow strips between the ridges would, I think, add to the look without changing the overall feel of them.  I would angle the tops of the two outer ones toward the middle one and make the middle one a point.  Just an Idea 

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons
WIP Soft Parts

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #34 on: Jul 03, 2021, 01:02 AM »
After some trial and error, I came up with some prop thermal charges, which will be attached to my belt. I cast them out of UV resin, each made of two pieces, and with a magnet to attach them to my belt.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #35 on: Jul 17, 2021, 11:48 AM »
Completed the mods to my gloves (I ended up taking the Dremmel to them), and finished painting my thermal charges. I also made a slight modification to my belts, namely to the buckles to spruce them up a bit.

evening.echiveria

• CEO of socks
« Reply #36 on: Jul 17, 2021, 07:29 PM »
Looks great! Glad the gloves worked out

they/them | mav oya'la clan

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #37 on: Jul 19, 2021, 12:25 AM »
I thought I was following this build already.

Crap. I guess I wasn't!

It looks like the glove solution worked well Tramp! From the pictures it's hard to see any major damage. It looks like it turned out pretty clean!

MMCC #1484¶¶50 Career Invasions¶¶Rancor Clan 
B.E.A.R.D.S #97 ¶ M.A.R.S. #21
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #38 on: Jul 19, 2021, 12:57 AM »
I thought I was following this build already.

Crap. I guess I wasn't!

It looks like the glove solution worked well Tramp! From the pictures it's hard to see any major damage. It looks like it turned out pretty clean!

Thankfully, nope, no major damage; nothing that doesnít look like the results of metalworking.  Any critique of the rest of the build WIP so far?

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #39 on: Jul 22, 2021, 01:56 AM »
I got some more work done on my cuirass. After doing some reshaping of the shoulders of my collar plate, back plate, and epaulettes, I fused the epaulettes first to the shoulder of the back plate with some Plastruct plastic welder (a liquid plastic welder model glue), then fused the collar plate.

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2021, 01:59 AM by Tramp Graphics » Logged

Firefly42

• Kar'a Kryze
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #40 on: Jul 22, 2021, 10:55 AM »
Your looking good so far. Couple big things that stick out that the app teams may gig you for is you wanna tailor your arms and legs a tad. But still wanna move. And any parachute buckle would need to be painted to look metal. I would also cover the logo on the wrist of your glove even if it is hidden. You are doing a great job!

MMCC# 1676

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!