Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Modern Era - Custom Helmet "Mythos v1"

• 7 Replies

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
Modern Era - Custom Helmet "Mythos v1"
« on: Apr 22, 2021, 11:10 AM »
Hello there!
Ive been waiting 2 years to develop this model, I had to get a PC that was up to the challenge of running all the pertinent software, and then procure the machines capable of producing my prototype.

Here are a few photos.
the green is meant to be turquoise, my 3d model software did not have a turquoise that would fit, so I made due with green
First draft of the helmet on paper

Finished 3d model in render mode

the backs of the earcap were extended to fit smoothly to the helmet.

I left the back keyslot open for now, I haven't figured out if I want to go with Din Djarin style Louvered look, or traditional keyslot/ hat look

here are some of the early prototypes, the first print I had a calibration issue. the second the file was apparently printing something that wasn't present in previews, I ended up re compiling the model and printing the third version.

there are slots in the ears for potential rangefinder, or blast shield attachment points.

let me know what you like about the helmet, or if I should stick to pre-made by the experts :)

Edit: I will probably add "turn signals" a la boba and Jango style to the brow. More than likely going with canon boba/jango keyslots
link to the WIP that never ends:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=144646.0

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2021, 11:27 AM by Raynos Ge'tal » Logged
|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Modern Era - Custom Helmet "Mythos v1"
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2021, 01:31 PM »
You could probably pay for your habit by selling tiny helmets... those are adorable!

Raynos Ge'tal

• Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2021, 02:03 PM »
Thanks lol.

Raynos Ge'tal

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2021, 11:57 PM »
Turn Signals and Keyslot

Jayt skybreak

• "The third edge of this blade is the Mandalorian."
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2021, 04:30 PM »
Looking good. Love the design!

-Ibic te manda

Raynos Ge'tal

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2021, 11:37 PM »

helmet was approved Modern and Post Imp without the rangefinder, I need to submit the rangefinder to the app team just for a quick yay or Nay. But this is my final edit on the Mythos V1

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2021, 11:43 PM »
I can’t wait to see that full size and fully painted.  :8):

Raynos Ge'tal

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2021, 11:44 PM »
I get to start fixing my Cr-10 S5 and hopefully get one printed full size soon

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!