Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Penannular cape/brooch question

• 4 Replies

Airk_Wilde

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
Penannular cape/brooch question
« on: Apr 29, 2021, 01:43 PM »
This is a duck-cloth/lined penannular cape that I received from my mother as a birthday gift one year. It has a brooch that is cast from bronze, and is of typical Celtic design. Would the brooch be acceptable, or is it too "Earthy"?

Picture of Brooch:

Picture of cape:

I would also like to know if this style of cape is acceptable, because it is more cloak-ish. However it can be pulled back to show armor.

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2021, 01:50 PM by Airk_Wilde » Logged
Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya.

Vercopaanir

• Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Medic Brigade Member
Re: Penannular cape/brooch question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2021, 09:26 AM »
Hello!

Most of the Celtic knot stuff does get kicked back by the app team for being to earthy.  This would be  a good question to send to your local Ruus'alor for a definitive answer. 

The cloak would be fine.   You would need to probably wear it thrown back to show off the armor, especially for pics, but capes, ponchos and such like are all approvable Mando gear.  Just no robes, Mando's don't do that Jedi stuff and the sleeves get in the way.  ;)

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2021, 11:13 AM »
The broach would unfortunately be too earthy, or at least the "heads" of it would be. Your local Ruus could chime in more but my suggestion would be to potentially make something that would cover the "heads" of the broach that would also be removable so that you could use it for other things as well. It's a shame most brass is not magnetic because covering them with something that would be removable would be easier that way - however some sort of sleeve or hand made 'cap' with Star Wars esk elements that covers them might be do-able.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Airk_Wilde

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2021, 01:11 PM »
Might be able to make a chain clasp for it.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya.

jethroskull

• Haat Gai
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 08:35 PM »
Make a brooch with greeblie ends, something “out of the parts bin” looking…

Any advice I give is strictly personal opinion and may not accurately reflect the CRLs.
I’m just an Unofficial Member making their way across the galaxy.

A'den Syngh
Gedin’la - Jaro

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!