Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ipod nano in gauntlet

• 1 Replies
Ipod nano in gauntlet
« on: May 06, 2021, 12:07 PM »
Has anyone ever used an iPod Nano (6th or 7th gen) in their gauntlets? I've seen posts about people using phones, mp3 players, and OLED displays but I was curious if there is anyone here that has used an iPod like these. I like how they're small and (theoretically) I could remove it from my gauntlet to charge it, upload photos, or even listen to music. I'm also toying with the idea of just building a slot for my phone and displaying stuff from it, that way I could have Bluetooth headphones in my helmet and take calls if I needed to, I just don't want my gauntlet to be super bulky.

Odran Krayt

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din (Family is more than blood)
Re: Ipod nano in gauntlet
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 12:20 PM »
I did similar with my phone when I first got approved, the big thing is concealing it in a way it looks like star wars. You'd want to either keep it off or have an animation or something that fits the universe, as an apple home screen wouldn't pass. In terms of connectivity, I've never had an issue connecting my phone and keeping it in a pouch. Better to just do the ipod and keep the phone put away. I have a set of motorcycle helmet headphones in my helmet, with the control buttons right inside the rim of my helmet so I can work it while kitted up.

B.O.M.B.  #85|L.O.B. #41|M.A. #180|MAJIC #184|B.o.B.B #028
New Death Watch Order #44|O.O.P.S! #44
ALUMINATI #053 | V.B.V #7
Odran Krayt WIP
Nexan Armories (Sales thread)
I've been doin' this since I was 10!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!