Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Helmet (mostly done)

• 4 Replies
WIP Helmet (mostly done)
« on: May 25, 2021, 06:58 PM »
Hello there!
I've finally started putting pieces of my armor together and first and foremost came the helmet.

It started out as a Rubies Jango Fett Helmet with a few pieces missing.  I used a cylindrical plastic trash can to alter the contours on the cheek plates.
I'm planning on swapping out the details inside the keyhole (not happy with how what I tried turned out) and I still need to add a layer of 'dirt' to the weathering but I'm waiting until all the pieces are done to keep it consistent.

I could definitely use some input on the weathering, It's my first attempt and it could probably use some work.
The colors look off in every picture I've taken, They're more of a deep teal and very light orange.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 07:25 PM by 6_finger_wizard » Logged

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel narir'shekemir, draar solus"
Re: WIP Helmet (mostly done)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2021, 07:26 AM »
Su'cuy, I think the weathering is looking very nice! :like: awesome colors!! :porg2: keep up the good work  ;)

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2021, 07:53 PM »
Highly agree!
Quality build

"I have nothing, I am able to do everything."
"Ni ganar naas, ni liser narir an."
nee gah-nar nahs, nee LEE-sair nah-REER ahn

slyski

• haha grappling line go brrrr
« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2021, 11:22 PM »
Iím loving the colors! Helmet looks like itís seen some sh*t too lol.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2021, 01:54 PM »
Iím loving the colors! Helmet looks like itís seen some sh*t too lol.

Thanks! it was the first time I tried weathering a paint job like this and I might have gone a smidge overboard.  I may end up repainting some or all of the helmet to bring the weathering more in line with the rest of the armor plates.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!