Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bo Katan styled chest armor for a Post-Imp build! [WIP]

• 24 Replies

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
Thought I'd start sharing my armor construction! I'm doing a post-imp build, so I decided to go for Bo Katan's chest armor, I was really happy when a Ruus told me that Post-Imps can use her chest armor.

So obviously, I still need to make the abplate. Unfortunately we lost the abplate in battle (I made a mistake when cutting and had to remake), so that's why it won't be joining us in this post today! Please excuse it while a medic mando attends to it's injuries. (I'm remaking it right now, haha... I want to go for the medic brigade if I ever do a second kit tho!)

I'm really happy with all of the shaping and spacing, I feel like I really pulled it off!
I was so scared of sintra at first because I've only ever been a foamsmith, and sintra is significantly more rigid. Absolutely everything is just taped together right now, but soon this shall be permanent!

As you can see, I've made a lot of progress from the template. It's very exciting to have something that I'm this proud of now made in sintra!

:sabine: Stay tuned for more! Oya! :sabine:
:jango: Update: 6/17/2021  :jango:

This was my first thread on the forums, so I didn't know that it was possible to just edit your og post. Read further for my build log, but thought I'd share the link to the pattern I used for my chest armor:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/910014585/bo-katan-armor-templates-pattern-foam?ref=shop_home_active_1&crt=1

I highly reccomend ArmorerProps from Etsy for a good base for some Post-Imp armor!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArmorerProps?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=910014585

As always, do mockups of your armor before you dare cut the precious sintra, posterboard/cardboard/eva foam are MUCH cheaper mockup materials. The added plus of using eva foam as a mockup material is that you'll have some armor that can take a tumble. (potentially good standin armor for unofficial use too!) Even if you don't want to use eva foam as a mockup material, I would highly recommend watching some foamsmithing tutorials as I was able to apply a surprising amount of that knowledge to sintra crafting! 

« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2021, 02:15 AM by Flo Brin » Logged
Help me get to MercsCon!
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=242433.msg2448520#msg2448520

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
Bo Katan styled chest armor part 2- the abplate
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 01:33 AM »
 :porg2: Oya! The abplate has been recontructed!  :porg2:

Played around with shaving down where needed to make the spacing juuusssttt right. All of this pitpicking and planning will ultimately get me the results I am looking for. Patience and perseverance is the key to success!

I reaaallllyyyy love how the front profile came out, came out way nicer than I originally expected it to! Sintra is really scary at first.

I think the heatforming I did looks pretty okay, they look like a proper boob armor shape, no?

The next step is to finish sanding down the edges so I can glue it together once and for all. Then, after that, I'm gonna reinforce the seams with sintra bracing before coating the back in fiberglass resin. Will likely add some eva foam for padding/ventilation to keep as much of the armor away from my body as possible.

:boba: Will report back to this post when I make more progress! Might move on to the shoulder armor and the backplate to make sure everything is in scale with one another.   :boba:

Help me get to MercsCon!

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
Re: Bo Katan styled chest armor for a Post-Imp build! [WIP]
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2021, 05:20 PM »
Been working on a lot of different things at once, but I wanted to share more progress on the chest armor! It's all constructed and glued together, so now it's time to fill seams, reinforce seams, and coat the back in a nice layer of fiberglass resin.

I'll share some tips that I learned while using it that I wish I knew beforehand.

I started off by filling in the back seams with JB Weld Plastic Bonder. Pretty darn sure that is optional and perhaps redundant in most situations, but I used it to seal the back of the seams so resin wouldn't seep through to the front. Also to ensure that the resin would cure as evenly as possible.

The fiberglass resin I used is from Bondo, and the resin kit cost about 20 usd. Don't forget to test your resin kit on a scrap to ensure everything is compatible and cures correctly. I forgot to test mine and ended up with a gummy, nasty layer of uncured resin that took forever to clean up (isopropyl alcohol cleans it up and is safe for most plastics!) Don't use acetone, acetone WILL melt your plastic and ruin your work.

The ratio I've been using is 3 tablespoons of resin with 10 drops of catalyst (hardener). Working in small batches with anything that requires a hardener is key to getting the best results. You might not even have enough time to use it all if you mix a big batch! REMEMBER, the more catalyst, the faster it cures, so work fast! If you add only 5 drops to 3 tablespoons, it will cure super slowly, and that's if it does cure.

I used the pattern I used to create my chest armor as a template to cut out fiberglass for the seams. Make sure you cut more than you need because fiberglass can and will fray MASSIVELY. You're gonna trim off the inevitably frayed edges right before you lay it down, and that seam allowance will have saved you from the shrinking pattern piece problem.

A trick I figured out was to not cut the fiberglass with the grain, as the lines pictured show.

I cut it against the grain as the lines show, this decreased a lot of the fraying and made the mess a little less messy!

I laid out all of the precut pieces to make sure everything would fit.

Finally I got to work laying the resin down! First you lay down a thin layer of resin, then you gently place the fiberglass over top and lightly press it down so the resin saturates into the cloth. The last step was to brush more resin over it and put it in sun to speed up the curing. I brushed some more resin on to better cover the fiberglass, but again, I think it's personal preference.

:jango: I mainly used the fiberglass on seams and folds, areas that will break more easily, especially since it's 3mm sintra. Pretty excited to be this close to finishing my chest armor! Gonna smooth down the resin, add some eva foam padding, and mount it with strapping next! After that it's priming and painting time!

:boba: Update: 6/21/2021 :boba:

Greetings! It has been a bit since I've updated this thread, hasn't it? I had to take a short hiatus to attend to some personal business, but I'm kicking into full gear to "finish" my mando for a Star Wars themed event on July 29th. It's gonna be a personal event that's not at all associated with the MMCC, so I won't neccesarily be MMCC ready, but I'll be close! I started work on my backplate and I will be constructing my shoulder armor and redoing my schnees.

I haven't actually shared a picture of the front in a while, but after glueing everything together I had to fill in some seams and cracks as well as sand down some other spots. The abplate in particular had a deep recession that required Bondo BODY FILLER instead of Bondo Spot/Glazing Putty. The difference is that spot/glazing putty is more so for small cracks and divots, and not neccesarily for body work. In fact, you may find that if you use glazing putty for body work, that it will crack or be prone to cracking in some areas (ie, large areas and areas that have some level of flex) Body filler is more rigid than glazing putty, it will fill in the bigger gaps and deeper dents way more effectively than glazing putty and you'll find that your finished product is much nicer!

As you can see, the body filler filled in that center seam/deep reccession quite nicely! The first coat of primer went down a lot nicer than expected, though I still have some nitpicking to do before I move on.

This image better shows the flaws I'm talking about. Zooming in you'll see a lot of unclean little flaws that will easily be fixed with some more filler/primer and glazing putty! The seams are still slightly showing in some parts and it gives the illusion that the plates are lifting, and I personally don't like it so I'll be hitting it with my glazing putty! Though we don't want to overdo it because Flo is gonna wanna show some signs of her albeit short time on the battlefeild. I want the smaller dents and scratches to look painted over because Flo most likely touches up her paintjob in her downtime like the vain youngling she is.  Next time I update this will be 100% ready for painting.

:vizsla: Update: 7/12/2021  :vizsla:

Thought I'd share an updated picture of all of the wearable stuff. Super proud of the chestplate construction! I'm really happy with the proportions and the spacing. These weapons are alsp courtesy of a friend, but I'll tell you more about these weapons and who made them in another thread!

Also, t-minus 18 days until most of my armor has to be done. I'm kinda terrified! I probably shouldn't have accepted such a close deadline, but I AM starting to get pretty close.  I have all of my mounting supplies (chicago screws, magnets, velcro) and my chest armor and backplate are pretty much ready for paint. I'm probably gonna make some derpy standin gaunts for the upcoming event, but I'm thinking if I can get my helmet and most of my top armor done, that I can get away with a partial for an event. Been working closely with my Ruus so I'm not super scared about needing to start anything over (though it won't be a big deal if I have to).

:cookie: Update: 7/27/2021 :cookie:

Finally updating on my chest armor! I filled in the little "potholes" and deep scratches with wood putty, it did the trick! I just put a little bit down and smoothed it out with my finger. When I dried I hit it lightly with 320 grit sandpaper. A video demonstration!

I laid down a few more layers of filler/primer and wetsanded it using 600, 800, and 1000 grit wetordry sandpaper. It came out so smooth and shiny!

Because the weather permitted to do so, I got to start painting today! I put down a layer of Montana Metallic Silver and it looks so cool!

(If you guys want to know more about how I prepped and painted, I go more into detail on it in my helmet WIP thread.  :<3:)

The reason I'm laying down silver as a base color is because of the type of weathering I'll be doing. I'm going light on the weathering because in my mando's (still incomplete) backstory, she's still pretty much a foundling and hasn't seen a whole lot of battle. I'm going for light paint chipping and scratches only on areas that make contact with anything. With paint chipping you're gonna see metal, or in this case, Beskar. The final steps will be a blackwash, the rub n' buff I plan on using, and a clear coat. You don't neccesarily NEED a clear cloat, but in some cases it adds a certain look and can add some protection.

:vizsla: Update: 7/29/2021 :vizsla:

I have to have a presentable looking piece of chest armor by tomorrow evening. It sucks because I have to rush it, but also while keeping the CRLs in mind, meaning consistency. And costumes on a time crunch are difficult to keep super consistent! I trust myself, I'm just nervous. :-\

I actually decided to go a little heavier on the weathering than originally planned, I'm going for primarily paint chipping and light scuffing, so I guess kinda like Katan's weathering? I don't know, I'm really happy with how the color blocking came out though. I used Maskol masking fluid and dabbed it on with a foam sponge and an old paintbrush. I did two layers of it, ensuring that the first layer had already dried. I think I waited like 20 minutes before taking the masking fluid off. One tip I have is that you want to pull it off against where you masked off instead of pulling with it. I found out the hard way that pulling with it will smudge your paint; However, it IS weathered, so there isn't much damage to do!

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2021, 09:56 AM by Flo Brin » Logged
Help me get to MercsCon!

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Rhue_Shofytt

• Diet Sprite
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2021, 06:30 PM »
I think I saw your chest plate on the builders FB page, it looks amazing!! Did you bevel the edges of the sintra before you JB welded them together? And if you did, do you have any tips for getting a consistent angle all the way around the plates?

Per aspera, ad astra

First WIP

Arco'thyel Wyshla

• Certified crazy cat mando
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2021, 07:43 PM »
FANTASTIC work and excellent explanations! I will likely be doing something similar and I have never worked with resin before, so your experiences are very helpful!  :like:

| Hard Goods WIP | Soft Goods WIP | Planning Log |

"Visit Mandalore before Mandalore visits you. Take home some souvenirs—a slab of uj cake and a smack in the mouth." ―Baltan Carid

"Don’t take this the wrong way you guys, but uh, Mandalorians are crazy." ―Ezra Bridger

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2021, 12:19 AM »
I think I saw your chest plate on the builders FB page, it looks amazing!! Did you bevel the edges of the sintra before you JB welded them together? And if you did, do you have any tips for getting a consistent angle all the way around the plates?

Yup! Edges were beveled. I widdled it down as close as I could with my craft knife and hit it with 120 and 220 grit sandpaper. The JB Weld was actually only used to seal the seams, I used PVC cement, I used Heavy Duty Clear from Oatey.

If you do use PVC cement, make sure you buy the primer as well, it makes the bond even more stronger! And PVC cement cures FAST, work in small sections. Keep consistent pressure on it for atleast 30 seconds or else the bond will fail and you'll have to sand the cement off and try again, which is not fun...

Personally, I had to use super glue on certain spots, like attaching the abplate. I also used super glue to tack down some areas where the PVC cement was lifting, but if you do a better job than me, then you probably won't have to do that.   :rolleyes:

JB Weld Plastic Bonder works really well for thermoplastics like sintra, but it takes 15 minutes to set so I would reccomend using PVC cement.

I think my biggest tip for a consistent bevel would be to be patient and check your work often. I pieced my armor together multiple times while I was creating the bevel. If the bevel you're looking for is like the curves on my chestplate, I wouldn't go more than 45 degrees. You can always take more off if needed, but if you take too much off, then you're gonna have some super weak seams that probably won't even meet up at certain points.

In short:

1. Be patient
2. Check your work often while you're creating the bevel
3. Start at a 45 degree angle and go bigger only if you have to

Hope this helps somwhat!  :<3:

Help me get to MercsCon!

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2021, 12:27 AM »
FANTASTIC work and excellent explanations! I will likely be doing something similar and I have never worked with resin before, so your experiences are very helpful!  :like:

Happy to be of service! I like chronicling my work and sharing what I've learned in hopes of saving someone from my same mistakes.  :rolleyes:

Also, you know where to find me on FB if you run into any trouble with it! I'll help however I can! Just lemme know in the Yustapir chat if you send a message so it doesn't disappear in message requests. :-[ :<3:

Help me get to MercsCon!

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Jenga

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #7 on: Jun 05, 2021, 10:56 PM »
I'm so impressed with your patterning abilities!!! It is NOT EASY to get sintra to behave like that. I'll be watching this build closely!!

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 39 | Event Team 2022-current | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019-2021

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2021, 03:18 AM »
I'm so impressed with your patterning abilities!!! It is NOT EASY to get sintra to behave like that. I'll be watching this build closely!!

Thank you vod! I'm flattered! I found a good base pattern to work with and modified it until it was proportioned right to my eyes. It seems like having background with foamsmithing helps when you start working with sintra.

In fact, I've been using eva foam as a mockup material for test pieces to make sure I'm getting a formfitting final result. Floating plates are my worst nightmare! My backplate has been a nightmare, but I finally have a concept that I feel will match the flow of my character's design.

It's partially segmented to allow for easier bending and the top piece is made from two pieces that come together to make a pretty much seamless dart. Would've done a fully segmented backplate, but in the future I'm hoping to mount my battle axe on my back. A thinner base would most likely cause sagging even tho my axe is made of PVC. Plus it just looks cool partially segmented (also because my flak seals with velcro in the back and needs to be covered per CRLs).  I ran the design by my ruus first and they said that it should pretty much be good to go for approval, so I'm excited to share the progress on that soon!

Gonna post more progress on my chest armor soon, was doing some seam filling and sanding to prepare for priming! Got the fiberglass resin sanded to a point where it feels pretty comfortable, no poking and the edges are sanded to where it's level and smooth.

Excuse the rambling, I'm quite fired up with the progress of my mando! Started this project in February and it's so rewarding to finally see results!   ;D

Help me get to MercsCon!

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2021, 12:18 AM »
Commenting to follow this one too.

Outstanding work! For never working with Sintra before, you're making it look easy-peasy! Also, +1 on using the JbWeld. I use that or quiksteel and they're great for adding some structure and rigidity to seams and joined together pieces.

You're doing awesome so far. I will likely bookmark this for future reference if people have resin/fiberglass questions.  :)

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
« Reply #10 on: Jun 15, 2021, 05:20 PM »
That looks amazing! Where did you get your pattern from?

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
« Reply #11 on: Jun 16, 2021, 01:38 AM »
Commenting to follow this one too.

Outstanding work! For never working with Sintra before, you're making it look easy-peasy! Also, +1 on using the JbWeld. I use that or quiksteel and they're great for adding some structure and rigidity to seams and joined together pieces.

You're doing awesome so far. I will likely bookmark this for future reference if people have resin/fiberglass questions.  :)

Danka vod! It's been a fun expereince so far. I was slightly intimidated at first because I'm primarily a foamsmith, but I really wanted to try my hand at it. I'm really just happy that my experience has helped some people, but even more excited to become an OM!  :D

Help me get to MercsCon!

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
« Reply #12 on: Jun 16, 2021, 01:56 AM »
That looks amazing! Where did you get your pattern from?

ArmorerProps from Etsy! More specifically: Bo Katan Armor Templates - Pattern Foam - The mandalorian Season 2

I'd share a link but I don't know if that's allowed on the forums?

Help me get to MercsCon!

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Jun 16, 2021, 01:21 PM »
Feel free to share the link. If it's beneficial to armor building and offers insight or patterns, go for it.  :)

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #14 on: Jun 16, 2021, 02:12 PM »
Very nice! Well thought out and executed.  Your descriptions are great!  My armor was also the first time working with sintra for me (and fiberglass resin and spray paint and bondo ect).  You nailed the curves.  :like:

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons [url=https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=

Dan

« Reply #15 on: Jun 20, 2021, 06:39 PM »
This is excellent! Looking forwards to seeing it come together

Bade Duun

• Credits talk. I do not.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Force Hunter Brigade Member Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2021, 09:25 AM »
You are making that sintra sing. :boba:
 Very nice.

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
« Reply #17 on: Jul 28, 2021, 02:13 AM »
You are making that sintra sing. :boba:
 Very nice.

Hadn't noticed that I got any new comments on this! Thank you so much!  :<3:

This is excellent! Looking forwards to seeing it come together

It definitely is coming together!  :8):

Help me get to MercsCon!

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Jul 28, 2021, 09:18 AM »
This is looking fantastic.

Personally - I think the Bo/ Nite Owl armor is the best design to come out of the live action series. The rest doesn't look all that "Mando" to me except that armor. I really wish the "male" armor kept more of the traditional aesthetics like they did with the Nite Owls. Looks like you are doing it justice for sure. Looking forward to seeing more of this. Do you have a concept idea of colors and overall end goal for your kit yet?

Keep it up  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
« Reply #19 on: Jul 29, 2021, 10:08 AM »
This is looking fantastic.

Personally - I think the Bo/ Nite Owl armor is the best design to come out of the live action series. The rest doesn't look all that "Mando" to me except that armor. I really wish the "male" armor kept more of the traditional aesthetics like they did with the Nite Owls. Looks like you are doing it justice for sure. Looking forward to seeing more of this. Do you have a concept idea of colors and overall end goal for your kit yet?

Keep it up  :like:

Honestly though! I was gonna do modern era at first, but then I found out Bo's chest armor was approved for post imperial, it was actually a ruus from another clan that mentioned it to me.

I do! I always do a plethora of concept art pieces before I start a costume. I'm still working on Flo's backstory, but essentially she's a Mando that specializes in close contact combat, hence why she carries an axe, hatchet, and vibroblade. She still has a blaster and the whistling birds just in case, but she's confrontational. That's why her armor color pallete is brighter, she's not trying to hide!  :laugh:

And thank you! I really appreciate it. ;D

Help me get to MercsCon!

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #20 on: Jul 29, 2021, 10:53 AM »
I like it. I actually just made a large axe and double hatchet/tomahawk combination for a customer not to long ago. The concept art of the axe and concept art in general looks pretty sweet. Personally, I think solid color kamas are the way to go and I would suggest adding some blue symbols/Mando writing/ or other geometric designs to your plates instead of the trim on the kama.

Are the designs on the chest plate a subtle nod to the logos seen on Jaster Mereel, Montross, and Jango Fett from the Open Seasons comic by chance?? Cause I love it.

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Flo Brin

• "Hettir te rusur!"
« Reply #21 on: Jul 29, 2021, 11:54 AM »
I like it. I actually just made a large axe and double hatchet/tomahawk combination for a customer not to long ago. The concept art of the axe and concept art in general looks pretty sweet. Personally, I think solid color kamas are the way to go and I would suggest adding some blue symbols/Mando writing/ or other geometric designs to your plates instead of the trim on the kama.

Are the designs on the chest plate a subtle nod to the logos seen on Jaster Mereel, Montross, and Jango Fett from the Open Seasons comic by chance?? Cause I love it.

Haha, much appreciated! My friend actually designed it:

In earlier concept pieces of her, the axe design was always changing. Finally a friend was like, "Can I design it and make it?" And I was like, "Heck yeah you can!"

Funny you say that, there is actually gonna be blue details and mando'a, I just didn't include it in this concept piece because it would've been too hard to see. I like to do different concept pieces for each armor piece.  The trim is here to stay though, a friend designed it and I'm just too in love with the design. :)

Though I will likely have more than one kama to cycle through, and a solid colored kama is definitely on the list. Solid grey would look really cool! :laugh:

And it actually wasn't, but now that you mention it.  :-X It's actually a nod to another character I created, a custom Spidey character. Not a crossover, mind you, just a little easter egg for me and people who know who that other character is.  :<3:

Help me get to MercsCon!

"Hettir te rusur!"
Aka, "Burn the ships!"

- N.O.S #51 - W.A.W #4

Armor WIP
Soft Goods WIP
Helmet WIP

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #22 on: Jul 29, 2021, 12:09 PM »
Nothing wrong with having interchangeable parts and pieces on a kit! Has your hatchet been completed yet? Does it match the axe? I am curious as to what that looks like as well.

Looking forward to seeing more of this.  :like:

Rilal Birom

• Digur haar shupur, draar digur haar bajur.
« Reply #23 on: Jul 29, 2021, 12:21 PM »
Your kit is shaping up really well!  I love that you have (what appears to be) a cross-draw blaster, and that battle-axe is AMAZING!

Cabur Akaata #217     Vode Be Vhekad #22     House Nelvaan #7    

Post-Imp WIP

Facebook
Instagram

Karson Wren

• Clan Wren - Nayc solus jurkade cuun aliit
« Reply #24 on: Nov 12, 2022, 12:26 PM »
Really love this concept It's nice to see a post imp kit that isn't mostly just earth tones. That chestpiece is incredible! I thought it was a 3D print when i looked at it.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!