Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Electronic add-on - Open Source project

• 3 Replies

Navis

Electronic add-on - Open Source project
« on: Jun 03, 2021, 12:22 PM »
Su'cuy vode !

I'd like to add some light and sounds effect in my DE10 blaster but i'm total noob !

I saw on a 501 board some dude have made an open source topic to help other members to improve and be able to made their own E11 with special effect inside.

But all the stuff he use to made it i'm not used to see it !
No pictures of the progression or the stuff, just references on ebay, sometimes with some dead links.

Any one up to help me ? I'd like this topic to be a really open source reference for everyone.

Thanks to you all who will be involved in this project !

DANK FARRIK
Re: Electronic add-on - Open Source project
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2021, 10:31 PM »
Are you talking about TK8177's arduino controlled set up?

I started working on mine a while ago and had trouble tracking down parts but found them on ali express for the most part.  The 3w LED drivers were the most difficult to find.

If I could start over I think it would be easier/cheaper to get one of those blastercore boards that I think are from plector labs.

That, or use mosfets on an pwm pin and direct drive the individual pads of the 3w rgb led...

I'm not an electronics or arduino expert but if you have any specific questions I'll try to help you out.

Navis

« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2021, 12:24 AM »
Hey!

Thanks for answering
1st, english is not my main language, don't be surprise if i use some rought words...i'm not used to speak english and translate sometimes litterally...

Not sure about the TK number, i can share the video i found at first
https://youtu.be/KIUVYMPBCyQ
Edit: it's TK8177's arduino controlled set up
About the hardware, could share pictures of what you found please ?
I've bought some stuff from links the dude gave on whitearmor board but i didn't get everything because some parts are specific to E11 blaster.

Edit2: After searching on the white armor board, i found an image i can share. it's open source too.

I guess we can use this, deleting the neopixel part but keep the led one ( neopixel flora nozzle light )

For the hardware part, i've notice they use:

Arduino Board: Arduino Nano ( any Atmega328P )
DFPlayer Mini
2w speakers, 20 mm
momentary switch
Oled display
neopixel flora for nozzle light
a 3,7v chargeable battery Li-Ion

The guy send a link to Arduino code I haven't read it yet ( sorry i've work all night and i'm a bit tired to read something in a foreign language )
https://github.com/Protonerd/FX-BlasterOS/wiki/Setting-up-Arduino

I'll study this asap

Edit3: i should give credit and links of the new open source i found and share picture.
Original link:
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46692-blaster-electronics-fx-blasteros-goes-open-source/
Many thanks to Andras, the creator who gave me his approbation to use his work for sharing

« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2021, 07:17 AM by Navis » Logged
DANK FARRIK
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2021, 01:24 AM »
That's much newer than the one I was following  with the only components being the same are the arduino and the df player.

Adafruit has their own US website but they are fairly expensive-  but good quality. 
Not sure about neopixel stuff.

You can order cloned arduinos from ali express but thats hit or miss with the correct specs and quality, and also the Df player minis.

I'm in Canada, and order switches etc from digikey

If this is your first electronics or arduino project this is certainly a bit much for a beginner. I'm surprised its only powered by a single 18650 3.7V battery.  Must be a 3.3V arduino .  I also think its strange there are no resistors in the schematic you posted, especially on the switch legs ( for floating reference) as well as speaker and the LEDs (but I'm unfamiliar with that adafruit board or neopixels)

To break it down into simpler things for this circuit if you need to learn about arduino or electronics if you're unfamiliar.

There's inputs (ie: switches)
There's outputs (lights and sounds)
The arduino senses inputs and sends signals to the outputs.

Look up tutorials to get the basics for each individual component to learn the basics for them, then build the blaster circuit. 

Sorry I can't give you more solid answers.  I'm still learning too.  For what its worth Idid a lot of research before I started ordering components.

Good luck on your project!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!