Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

EC Build WIP

• 0 Replies

Qitaia

• I am Vel Qi'taia. This is the way.
EC Build WIP
« on: Jun 03, 2021, 04:15 PM »
Just got the green light to move forward on my Early Crusader. To submit for approval, I made a quarter scale prototype of my helmet with metal and clay to work out a few questions I had and test a few things, so this way you can see kind of where I'm headed with it. But this is really rough - it is easier to work with materials when they will be full size rather than this small.

I will likely make the largest horns smaller than the proportion shown in my prototype (if you want to see a rotating video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHzRVjGAvTw, but the shape will be about the same. Parts of the crown of the creature will be mounted onto a metal base, which will be roughly hammered and welded together, with a Y visor in front. Haven't decided on coloring of the visor or if I will add any paint to the hammered metal. The required hoses for this era will be coming out the back of the helmet, represented in the recreation by the pipe cleaners. This is based on using the skull of an infant krayt dragon.

~Vel Qi'taia

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!