Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Custom Bucket (Printed)

• 5 Replies
Custom Bucket (Printed)
« on: Jun 18, 2021, 05:41 PM »
Hey all! Brand new to the site (and also brand new to using forums in general) but I thought Iíd share some work Iíve been doing on and off for a while! Iíve been doing 3D art and design since I was about ten (17 years ago) and decided to apply that to a helmet print! The project itself is variable, and Iíve added sliders to control things like visor widths, cheek depth, grooves, cheek shapes, visor shapes, and so on. This is mine! I wanted to do something angular, something slightly more severe looking, and this is also the first costume piece Iíve made on my printer! The dome and body are separate pieces, and the ear caps are separate as well!

Re: Custom Bucket (Printed)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2021, 10:25 AM »
Man that thing looks sick! I'm really looking forward to seeing that bad boy finished up.

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel narir'shekemir, draar solus"
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2021, 01:14 PM »
olarom to the forums vod!! i agree with Draigar, It looks awesome :porg2:

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2021, 11:44 AM »
Thank you guys for the comments! I actually applied a couple (too many) coats of a chrome reflective paint and... Well, there's a new helmet on the printer now. Other than not getting the Z-banding from my printer entirely removed, I had way too many nitpicks about this build. From the detail resolution on the cheeks to the loss of detail on the ear-cups after smoothing... I just wasn't feeling it. Same exact model coming off the printer, just more experience and knowledge in my toolkit. I'm really excited to share it once I get it where I want it to be!

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2021, 10:45 AM »
Got the DLP printed keyslots made, test fitting them into the back of the newly printed helmet (no dome yet). Snug! Doing a better job smoothing the helmet this time around. Excited.

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel narir'shekemir, draar solus"
« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2021, 11:33 AM »
Looking nice :like:

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!