Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Heat-n-Bond for flightsuit alterations?

• 1 Replies
Heat-n-Bond for flightsuit alterations?
« on: Jan 28, 2022, 02:34 PM »
Has anyone used Heat-n-Bond to make their flight suit alterations?  I bought some to originally use to hold it together while sewing (my sewing skills are not great) and got the Ultra Hold vareity.  But I'm reading online and most people dont recomend trying to sew through it, so I'm trying to figure out the right approach.

Heat-n-Bond

If I use just ultra hold heat-n-bond will it be strong enough to hold a seam?  or should I not use what I bought and find another solution?

Re: Heat-n-Bond for flightsuit alterations?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2022, 03:38 PM »
Vod, I wouldn't recommend using anything sticky for holding a line while you sew - pins or clips are the way to go.

It sounds likely to gum up your machine - much like sticky back velcro. And if you sew by hand it's just plain miserable to force your needle through sticky stuff and have it on your fingers.

For temporary fixes or pants hems this kind of thing might work but for permanent changes to the fit of your soft kit - I vote sew it.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!