Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Peachtree Mando Kit WIP

• 57 Replies

Bantha Rider

• Rider of Banthas
Re: The Peachtree Mando Kit WIP
« Reply #45 on: Aug 27, 2021, 12:16 PM »
Holster Belt (COMPLETE)

Next up is the holster belt! Thanks to Gdangerc820 for the custom belt! It's unfinished at the moment, but I'll dye it the same color as the gloves and the boots. Here's my first test fit with the girth belt on:

Absolutely perfect fit, now on to dyeing it. Here are all the pieces once the belt is deconstructed.

I'm using the same dye that I used on the boots, but this time I won't have to use the deglazer.

Here's the final product!

« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2021, 06:19 PM by Bantha Rider » Logged
« Reply #46 on: Aug 27, 2021, 03:14 PM »
Nice work ! I like your color scheme and I really like the fact that you went with your home state for your theme ! I wanted to do a desert tone mando but had to scrap the idea because I couldn't find pretty colors and nice fabric like yours !

Nuray the Mandalorian. Need a medic, mate ? I can help, for a price.

Bantha Rider

• Rider of Banthas
« Reply #47 on: Aug 27, 2021, 04:50 PM »
Nice work ! I like your color scheme and I really like the fact that you went with your home state for your theme ! I wanted to do a desert tone mando but had to scrap the idea because I couldn't find pretty colors and nice fabric like yours !

Thanks Nuray! And if you want to go for a desert theme, I think you should! Honestly, this was really a process of trial and error for me, and lot of it is just making do with what I can get ahold of. There are plenty of vode here who have WAY nicer kits than I do, but I'm just starting out with what I can get my hands on and making the best of it! I'd love to see a concept for what you're thinking, feel free to DM me!

« Reply #48 on: Aug 27, 2021, 07:29 PM »
Thanks Nuray! And if you want to go for a desert theme, I think you should! Honestly, this was really a process of trial and error for me, and lot of it is just making do with what I can get ahold of. There are plenty of vode here who have WAY nicer kits than I do, but I'm just starting out with what I can get my hands on and making the best of it! I'd love to see a concept for what you're thinking, feel free to DM me!

Oh, you know, I just ended up making it purple and black, it was way easier to source black fabric and purple paint for me than tans, browns and terracota  :laugh:. They are for some reasons the hardest colors to match, but you succeeded to make something very interesting  ;D

Nuray the Mandalorian. Need a medic, mate ? I can help, for a price.

Bantha Rider

• Rider of Banthas
« Reply #49 on: Aug 28, 2021, 12:02 AM »
Oh, you know, I just ended up making it purple and black, it was way easier to source black fabric and purple paint for me than tans, browns and terracota  :laugh:. They are for some reasons the hardest colors to match, but you succeeded to make something very interesting  ;D

Ahh, gotcha. Well purple is always a great color choice! And I appreciate it, I wasn't sure if I could pull this look off, so it's nice to see that it seems to be working!

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel narir'shekemir, draar solus"
« Reply #50 on: Aug 28, 2021, 09:56 AM »
Belt looks great vode!! Love the look of it! And the color brown!

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."

Bantha Rider

• Rider of Banthas
« Reply #51 on: Sep 07, 2021, 12:42 AM »
Finished the Westar! Original post updated  :like:

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #52 on: Sep 07, 2021, 01:41 PM »
Looking good dude! Keep up the good work  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Bantha Rider

• Rider of Banthas
« Reply #53 on: Sep 15, 2021, 10:38 AM »
Update time! I've had some life stuff come up and my progress has been limited, but I've still made some!

Did a test fit in the armor, and the collar plate snapped clean in half. So I'll be making a new one this week and trying a test fit again! Here's a photo of the damage (I know the plates are too low in this image and there's some floating going on, but I will adjust both issues for my next test fit). Also, please note the neck seal is weathered while the flak isn't just yet.

The second update is that I'll be remaking my cape. I cut the dyed fabric and did a quick test fit of it as well, and it just wasn't heavy enough for my liking. The pattern worked well, but I didn't like how thin and light it felt. So I'll be dyeing the new fabric this evening and (hopefully) editing my original post with some new progress pics.

A bit discouraging having to start over on a couple of parts for sure, but all for a better kit in the end! We press on.

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2021, 11:29 AM by Bantha Rider » Logged

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #54 on: Sep 15, 2021, 01:55 PM »
Sorry I skipped most of this thread. I saw 3d printed armor on page 1 and skipped to the end, skeptical that it would be finished properly. I see my fears about 3d prints are founded. They always seem so brittle compared to vac-form or sintra. And the lines, they just seem like so much more work to finish.

Actual critiques I have, you said you're aware that it's all placed "low." That collar sag is a problem on lots of kits. The collar should be almost 90 degrees to the chest. It isn't supposed to be more chest covering.  Look at screenshots of Boba. His collar isn't very visible because it's perpendicular to his chest. This will be much more obvious if you're connecting it to a backplate.

Hard to tell in pics, but it kinda looks like the corners are floating. Some heavy duty snaps in those corners should help with that. My armor has been held in place with a variety of different snaps (in the corners) and velcro (along the edges). This past week (after DragonCon), I decided it was finally time to rip off all the weaker snaps and replace with dark colored metallic, heavy duty snaps. I got so sick of the corners of my collar and the inner chest points pulling apart and needing someone else to reach in thru sleeves to put me back together. We'll see if I get it all done before Incrediblecon in Charleston on Saturday.

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey

Bantha Rider

• Rider of Banthas
« Reply #55 on: Sep 15, 2021, 02:28 PM »
Sorry I skipped most of this thread. I saw 3d printed armor on page 1 and skipped to the end, skeptical that it would be finished properly. I see my fears about 3d prints are founded. They always seem so brittle compared to vac-form or sintra. And the lines, they just seem like so much more work to finish.

Actual critiques I have, you said you're aware that it's all placed "low." That collar sag is a problem on lots of kits. The collar should be almost 90 degrees to the chest. It isn't supposed to be more chest covering.  Look at screenshots of Boba. His collar isn't very visible because it's perpendicular to his chest. This will be much more obvious if you're connecting it to a backplate.

Hard to tell in pics, but it kinda looks like the corners are floating. Some heavy duty snaps in those corners should help with that. My armor has been held in place with a variety of different snaps (in the corners) and velcro (along the edges). This past week (after DragonCon), I decided it was finally time to rip off all the weaker snaps and replace with dark colored metallic, heavy duty snaps. I got so sick of the corners of my collar and the inner chest points pulling apart and needing someone else to reach in thru sleeves to put me back together. We'll see if I get it all done before Incrediblecon in Charleston on Saturday.

Yeah that was a real buzzkill last week when it happened. But thanks for the tips on placement! I'll remake the collar out of sintra this week and do another test fit to correct those issues. As for the floating edges, I only really have Velcro on the plates right now, and most of it isn't close to the edges. Once I get the placement down pat, I do plan on adding snaps on the edges to kill any of that floating. The velcro along with the snaps should keep that from happening, but those pics were just a very loose test fit I threw together real quick. I'll make sure to address that when I do a proper fitting!

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #56 on: Sep 15, 2021, 07:46 PM »
Good to hear you've considered all that. Good luck with the rest of the build. I'm not too far away, we'll probably troop together eventually.  :porg1:

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey

Bantha Rider

• Rider of Banthas
« Reply #57 on: Sep 16, 2021, 01:37 AM »
Good to hear you've considered all that. Good luck with the rest of the build. I'm not too far away, we'll probably troop together eventually.  :porg1:

I hope we do!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!