Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Early Crusader?

• 7 Replies
Early Crusader?
« on: Jun 04, 2022, 10:55 PM »
Hello! I'm currently planning a early crusader styled armor set and was wondering if this helmet would qualify? I plan on adding tubes to the cheeks and adding a visor to the face so it's not open. Thanks!

Re: Early Crusader?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2022, 02:13 PM »
(not a ruus'alor or anyone in charge of things) Aside from some of the Mandalores, are really big head fins commonly seen in canon references for the era?
Beyond that, the forward set of the fin seems like it would tend to overbalance the helmet and cause neck strain.
I know we're not making practical armor here, but it should at least be a somewhat practical costume. If the fin were less pronounced it would be better.

To get a clear and definitive answer about approvability I'd suggest submitting a Q&A form.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2022, 01:42 AM »
I agree with Second Son. If you're going to have that huge fin jutting forward like that, I suggest balancing it out by adding more to the back of the helmet. Personally, I would add about three or four consecutively smaller fins down the back of the helmet. That should balance it out.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2022, 12:50 AM »
I agree with Second Son. If you're going to have that huge fin jutting forward like that, I suggest balancing it out by adding more to the back of the helmet. Personally, I would add about three or four consecutively smaller fins down the back of the helmet. That should balance it out.
I got the guy who is making my helmet (VillianousPropShop on Etsy) to get the fins to go all the way down to the vent. Would that be enough to balance it out and grant it possibilty for approval? Thanks for the feedback!
-Vidar

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2022, 01:11 AM »
I got the guy who is making my helmet (VillianousPropShop on Etsy) to get the fins to go all the way down to the vent. Would that be enough to balance it out and grant it possibilty for approval? Thanks for the feedback!
-Vidar
Without seeing it I can't say for sure, but most likely, it should. As for it being approvable, that you would need to find out from there App team

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2022, 10:38 AM »
Awesome thanks! Talked with my Clan Rus'alor Solyce and they said it'd be an EC helmet but said to definitely add more fins so that question got solved. Will still ask the App team if it'd be approvable
Thanks
Vidar

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2022, 08:22 PM »
So I don't have the physical helmet yet (Mohawk's taking a bit to print) but the buy I bought it from sent me a render of what it'll look like.

Will this be approved now that it appears more practical for early crusader mando?
Thanks!
-Vidar

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2022, 08:34 PM »
Definitely looks much better. As for a-probability, ask the App team.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!