Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New WIP that was slowed down by all the worlds mojo

• 35 Replies
New WIP that was slowed down by all the worlds mojo
« on: Jul 07, 2021, 11:12 AM »
Been taking me a while to get my stuff together, put all the assembled parts together for the first time.
Found some problems, such as my gauntlets freely rotate and need to top that. The fit of all my soft part is pretty good. (vest is a little tight, but gained 10 lbs after breaking some bones) I like my blasters, was told the holsters look a little to tactical however not sure how to get them to be more acceptable for approval but they hold the toy blasters well. Next step is to work on a armored Loin Cloth. Looking for more input.

Be a Leader not a Follower.
Re: New WIP that was slowed down by all the worlds mojo
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2021, 11:25 AM »
Here are some images of my webbing. I amtrying to make the holster look less tactical by putting mesh material over it. However  but not getting my desired results and it doesn't break up the outline as desired, just makes it look dorky. The original holsters are  drill holster that were ripped apart and modified.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2021, 11:38 AM »
Helmet and armored plates

Aster Veris

• "Monarch of mud"
  • Awards EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2021, 12:42 PM »
Hi! Love what you have so far. For the gauntlets, I'd say using some foam or velcro to keep them in place would work. For the holsters... most canon star wars people have leather holsters, and I can see how someone said your gear looks tactical and earthy. Talk to whoever said your holsters weren't okay and ask what you can do to make them more star warsy. Maybe add some greeblies?

OM #2630 | BM #394 | they/them | mav oya'la clan |IG: @ plant.alorian | Aster WIP

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel verburyc, draar solus"
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2021, 11:32 AM »
Su'cuy, love the color you choose!! :like: and everything else evening.echiveria said. ;D

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2021, 11:04 PM »
I have been working on my DL 44's holster (Airsoft base smaller than most) attempting to get the tactical feel out of it while keeping a good secure fit with the blaster.  I added blue strips of cloth I also used in the creation of the cape. I also used some mesh material earlier that did not achieve the desired look. I left it on as a layer under the blue cloth strips.

I am going to add a armored plate to the holster by pulling the mesh material through the strips and adding Velcro, this way the plate can almost float freely while walking while still being solidly attached to the holster.

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2021, 05:21 PM »

Going to call this part done until it is time to weather, added a armor plate with a 70s style design on it. Also going to fill in screw holes in the Blaster this weekend so i can totally set this element aside and get to work on other pieces to hopefully get approved soon!

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2021, 12:38 AM »
Armored loin cloth to be used in place of groin armor.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 03, 2021, 11:51 PM »

Trying on my plates for the first time, just got the Velcro sewn to the vest. Looks like it should turn out fine with consideration for spacing.

« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2021, 08:47 PM »
First time with everything put together and on at the same time.  Don't like how the knees make me look pigeon toed

« Reply #10 on: Apr 05, 2022, 06:46 PM »
It has been a while since I posted a update! was doing great with my progress on my costume then got super busy in real life!
I did some weathering on my gauntlets, added foam to the inside now they fit great.

Just got back into the swing of things so other parts have gone much slower, hemmed the entire bottom of the armored loincloth to make it compliant with crl's. Also started work on the holster for my E-11 in the end it will be armored like my DL-44 holster.

This is what I am doing today hopefully get to member status pretty soon!

Aster Veris

• "Monarch of mud"
  • Awards EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Apr 06, 2022, 02:11 PM »
Looking good!

OM #2630 | BM #394 | they/them | mav oya'la clan |IG: @ plant.alorian | Aster WIP
« Reply #12 on: Apr 06, 2022, 03:04 PM »
did a little work on my blaster after I read in the CRL's all holes have to be filled in. Did not fill the screw on the handle because it is used in the real weapon the blaster is based off of.

« Reply #13 on: Apr 06, 2022, 03:19 PM »
Keeping up with the work around my waste area, did work on my armored loin cloth making sure it was hemmed on all sides to comply with crl's.

Made a side item to go inside a pouch.

More progress on armored holster for the E-11.

« Reply #14 on: Apr 11, 2022, 06:03 AM »
Pre App photos

« Reply #15 on: Apr 16, 2022, 12:46 AM »
Taking my time with weathering, first layer on armored loin cloth.

« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2022, 12:09 AM »
Added a black wash around the edges of the plates and a little bit of wear to the soft parts of the loin cloth. Sprayed gloss onto plates. Going to call this item done for now.

« Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2022, 11:40 AM »
Continuing on my waist items, moved onto my second holster and placing armored plates on it.
Plates are Velcroed to white mesh material, need to figure out a way to keep them from bouncing around to much.
Add details and weathering, then begin work on a sash of some sort.

« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2022, 01:38 PM »
Painted up some weathering today. Perhaps a little more blending and then the paint job is done

Touched up with more copper paint.

« Reply #19 on: Apr 28, 2022, 12:28 PM »
Simple sash almost complete, needs Verco perhaps some weathering.

« Reply #20 on: Apr 30, 2022, 07:18 PM »
Weekend project, sanding down Cad Banes 3d printed blaster and adding Velcro to waist sash. 3d print lines are a pain in the butt to get completely out. Sand, fill, sand, repeat seems like the correct process to follow.

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2022, 12:28 AM »
Worked on my waist items have 2 belts already, one large leather belt with pouches that obstructs the view of the 2nd belt that hold my loin cloth and holsters. Was advised this may be a gray area in the CRL's since the 2nd belt was so hard to see. So I went ahead and made a sash. This is my final version with weathering.

« Reply #22 on: Apr 19, 2023, 11:25 AM »
It has been a little while since I last posted here is where I am picking up again.
Started with a DL 19 3D print

« Reply #23 on: Apr 21, 2023, 09:22 PM »
Dyed fabric for a new cape, I have no idea what to do so it has a lot of imperfections but I like how it came out.

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2023, 02:01 AM »
Did some work on my blaster tonight, painted the grip.
Printer lines look like they are all smoothed away now.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!