Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

BlasTech DL56 LRB (Light Repeating Blaster)

• 9 Replies

Fec Namron

• Working on a new bucket
BlasTech DL56 LRB (Light Repeating Blaster)
« on: Jul 09, 2021, 03:09 PM »
Sort of a build log and looking for input. I've been working on this for a while and I think it's about finished (I'll add a sling at some point). Will this be approvable? If not, what do I need to adjust?

The "BlasTech DL56 LRB (Light Repeating Blaster)":

Started as this,

Acquired some other parts,

It pained me, but I made a modification to the barrel to render the toy INERT,

Deeds Not Words (I was 22 INF as well as in Clan Falco territory.)

Fec Namron

Re: BlasTech DL56 LRB (Light Repeating Blaster)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2021, 03:17 PM »
I contoured the stock to better fit my hand. I am pretty happy with how it ended up.  I messed with it here and there for a few months. The grip feels good in my hand, and for some reason, I also like the aesthetics of an asymmetrical stock.

Fec Namron

« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2021, 03:26 PM »
I found a "scope" that "called out" to me. I bought it and ended up with a Walmart brand Nerf knockoff dart launcher as a bonus! My wife wasn't particularly happy. Thankfully, she tolerates my delusions of grandeur!  ;D  The other pieces shown (now a part of) are the end piece of a Dremel motor tool and the cap to a can of WD-40. I liked the look and the way they fit. Krazy glue and modeling putty to attach.

« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2021, 05:37 PM by Fec Namron » Logged

Fec Namron

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2021, 03:55 PM »
I had tried to weld washers to the elongated magazine to kinda look like a Greedo killer. This did not turn out as I had hoped. I like how I "salvaged" the mag (had to cut and grind everything off. As if I didn't already kill the mag chamber by welding it?) Started looking for something to look like a drum magazine, and found a "red solo cup" type that I liked. Didn't work, cup was too fragile. Found another cup and a cap from one of my son's Bionicle containers and the transportation cap off the threads of a water pressure tank that I thought might look good.

Fec Namron

« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2021, 03:59 PM »
The side greebies are the twist locking grip for an extendable roller paint brush handle cut in half.

Fec Namron

« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2021, 04:14 PM »
The barrel flash suppressor is from Evike, like the one on the "Greedo killer" DL-44 that they offered. The piece connecting the flash suppressor is a metal tube from a kids swimming pool that I didn't throw away. Bipod from Amazon for under 20 bucks. Scope mounted on electrical conduit wall hangers (slightly modified) to get the scope offset like the original "Greedo killer", but mounted on the other side.
Here's how it is now,

Fec Namron

« Reply #6 on: Jul 09, 2021, 04:16 PM »
I forgot to mention that I took the original front sight off of the original barrel and added it to the flash suppressor.

Fec Namron

« Reply #7 on: Jul 09, 2021, 04:31 PM »
I chose to call this a "light repeating blaster" because of the "drum magazine", otherwise, I might have called this a sniper weapon.  Please let me know if you disagree and why. I welcome any and all perspectives on this project. I've been working on this for an extended time. My goal is to have this as my main weapon in the MMCC. Please advise.  I did this with little/no guidance. (I am also working on an armor that meets MMCC standards. This just got finished first.)  All guidance/comments welcomed. Thank you.

Dukavinter

• A samurai has no goal, only a path
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2021, 04:49 AM »
Impressive work man. Well done you, keep up the good work, it will be interesting to watch!

Fec Namron

« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2021, 04:22 PM »
Impressive work man. Well done you, keep up the good work, it will be interesting to watch!

Thanks!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!