Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sith Wars Jet Boots

• 5 Replies
Sith Wars Jet Boots
« on: Sep 07, 2021, 08:32 AM »
   Greetings! I have two kits in the works. One is a Sith wars Era setup to be a force hunter. Force hunters require a jet pack or jet boots. Jet packs are expressly forbidden in the Sith CRL. I don't want to assume, so I'm asking, Are Jet Boots allowable in Sith Era? Force pikes are at least 25000yrs old, so I figured boot tech might be solid in that time period.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
Re: Sith Wars Jet Boots
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2021, 11:30 AM »
   Greetings! I have two kits in the works. One is a Sith wars Era setup to be a force hunter. Force hunters require a jet pack or jet boots. Jet packs are expressly forbidden in the Sith CRL. I don't want to assume, so I'm asking, Are Jet Boots allowable in Sith Era? Force pikes are at least 25000yrs old, so I figured boot tech might be solid in that time period.
the Sith Wars covers a lot of time. For the Mandalorians, that went from the Early Crusaders (the Great Sith War), all the way through the Crusaders and Neo Crusaders (KotOR), and beyond to the Late Crusaders of SWTOR. Of them, only the Early Crusaders canít have a jet pack of any type. 

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2021, 12:33 PM »
   Early Crusader is what I am referring to, it says "jetpacks" are not allowed in early sith period, but, as my question addresses are jet boots in period? Because I don't believe that there aren't any Early Crusader Force Hunters...  .so there has to be a solution

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2021, 01:45 PM »
   Early Crusader is what I am referring to, it says "jetpacks" are not allowed in early sith period, but, as my question addresses are jet boots in period? Because I don't believe that there aren't any Early Crusader Force Hunters...  .so there has to be a solution

I would say no on both counts. From my research, it looks like rocket boots (jetboots) donít even appear in canon or Legends material until the Prequel era, and they are based upon jet pack technology.

As for Early Crusaders having Force Hunters among their numbers, this too is highly unlikely given that the Great Sith War marked the first real conflict between the Jedi and Mandalorians, most, if not all, of the whom were Taung. And back then they predominantly rode Basellisk War Droids.

So, no, I would say itís more likely that Force Hunters didnít come into being until the time of the Mandalorian Wars in the time of Revan, leading up to KotOR. That would mean Crusader or later, not Early Crusader.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2021, 07:11 PM »
Now that I think about it all, that makes some sense, the first gen to have been raised with a history of both the Sith and the Jedi as enemies. Thank You

Arkham

• Awards Legends of Mandalore Brigade 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Special Weapons
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2021, 05:09 PM »
So, no, I would say itís more likely that Force Hunters didnít come into being until the time of the Mandalorian Wars in the time of Revan, leading up to KotOR. That would mean Crusader or later, not Early Crusader.

I agree.

Essentially, during this time, they would all be considered Force Hunters so a specialized brigade would not exist.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!