Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vest question

• 4 Replies
Vest question
« on: Jul 18, 2021, 01:33 PM »
Hi, I'm working on my gear and have a vest that I picked up very cheap. I am wondering on what could be done in terms of making it less earth like and attachments with plates etc

Image here -

https://i.postimg.cc/YCR4G6bW/20210718-182502.jpg

This is an inside image (for if it inside out is better)
https://i.postimg.cc/Wbrg3qBG/20210718-182604.jpg

Thank you

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
Re: Vest question
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2021, 02:15 PM »
Not much, IMO. You might need to remove any MOLLE straps, if they’re exposed while wearing the armor, but that’s really about it.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2021, 02:35 PM »
Not much, IMO. You might need to remove any MOLLE straps, if they’re exposed while wearing the armor, but that’s really about it.

Thank you for the info. I know they would be covered with the plates so that's good.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2021, 03:34 PM »
Always best to ask your clan ruus'alore for their final word. Like Tramp says, though, it really depends on how the thing looks with armor on.

She told me never venture out among the asteroids
But I did, I did, I did
And she said that the Milky Way was something to avoid
And I did, I did, I did
She said that Venus was too hot and Saturn not much fun
Bug-eyed monsters tended to be just a trifle dumb
She said I'd need a blaster and I'd need a freezer-gun
And I did, I did, I did...

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2021, 06:38 PM »
Here’s the CRL for the modern era flack vest:

Armor/flak vest:
Armor/flak vest must be worn under armor plates including Legacy plates
MOLLE/TAC and paintball style vests may be used without any modification. However, the armor must be of a canon or custom style that completely covers the vest. If the vest is visible, it must be modified sufficiently to no longer appear as a store bought MOLLE/TAC vest.
Vests may be traditional Boba/Jango-style or custom style. If you have a question about your vest, please see the App Team Q+A: App Team Q&A
Ensure vest is properly fitted/tailored to you. Baggy and oversized vests are not acceptable. Zipper pull tabs and velcro must be completely hidden from sight.
The vest must be comprised of solid color block(s). No printed fabric may be used as part of a vest.
Laces, zippers, parachute buckles, velcro and cloth or leather strapping are all acceptable methods of closure.
Zippers must be color matched with flight suit/flak vest.
The vest must not extend past waist items. If the vest is covered by one or more items, the flak vest must be pulled taut and not bunch up at the waist
Vest fabric must be thick enough to support armor plates without sagging, creasing, or wrinkling and be constructed from quality fabric. Suggested materials include cotton or cotton twill, nylon, duck cloth, leather/imitation leather, or quilted fabric. Stretch materials may only be used if they are form fitting and reinforced enough to support the armor plates without sagging.
Vests can be made of multiple panels of different solid colors.
T-shirts are not acceptable as armor vest material.
Any additional torso coverings that cover the flight suit but go under the vest must have sleeves that end above mid-bicep, and must not extend past the bottom of the lowest waist item.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!