Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Two Bear's Concept (pic-heavy) / Approved Kit - Trantor Kies

• 37 Replies

Xplosiv

• Speak softly and carry a big stick
Re: Two Bear's Concept (pic-heavy)
« Reply #25 on: Aug 20, 2022, 11:33 PM »
I.... haven't yet xD

Progress has been slow on my end, especially with my work schedule recently becoming as consistent as an Imperial deal on Bespin  :-\ I'm still pretty much on soft goods, with a slight foray into a practice helmet (see my link below to meet The Plasterlorian :laugh: )

Armor Concept | Soft Parts WIP
----------------------------------------
Practice/Display Helmet

Two_Bears_HF

• Trantor Kies
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024.
« Reply #26 on: Aug 21, 2022, 08:12 AM »
I.... haven't yet xD

Progress has been slow on my end, especially with my work schedule recently becoming as consistent as an Imperial deal on Bespin  :-\ I'm still pretty much on soft goods, with a slight foray into a practice helmet (see my link below to meet The Plasterlorian :laugh: )

Hah, I feel that. It feels like I go months without doing anything, then get inspired and push through a bunch of work in a short period of time.

I took a look through your threads, and realized you're using the same pattern I did for the flight suit (and apparently, I commented on that thread back then too, lol). I love the reinforcement patches you've got going on there. It's gonna look baller when finished.

Helmet's looking good, as well.

Canada Atlantic Stronghold OM #2930
Traffic Cone Brigade society member #49
Gunning for Privateer and Gunslinger

Xplosiv

• Speak softly and carry a big stick
« Reply #27 on: Aug 21, 2022, 11:19 AM »
Hah, I feel that. It feels like I go months without doing anything, then get inspired and push through a bunch of work in a short period of time.

I took a look through your threads, and realized you're using the same pattern I did for the flight suit (and apparently, I commented on that thread back then too, lol). I love the reinforcement patches you've got going on there. It's gonna look baller when finished.

Helmet's looking good, as well.

Thanks! And yeah, the hard part is getting myself off the couch when I am home to do something :laugh: Once I get that done, I usually blink and hours have gone by.

What I'm kinda looking forward to/dreading is working on my Halloween costume :laugh: Looking forward to it cuz some of the costume pieces were a close enough overlap to my kit that I convinced myself to pull the trigger on them and it'll give me a chance to try out metallics and rub and buff. Dreading because it's going to be another thing on the list to work on, and it'll be given priority since there's a deadline on it xP It'll be worth it to create Grand Wizard Mithrawndir though  :laugh:

Armor Concept | Soft Parts WIP
----------------------------------------
Practice/Display Helmet
« Reply #28 on: Aug 31, 2022, 08:01 AM »
Wow! You're kit looks awesome Vod!

I see why you like the blue on my design now lol. And I am totally stealing your handprint idea! That is great and I think my son will love to participate.

Once I have my kit ready, it will be time to work on his. The only real issue for that will be that he is growing like a dang weed lol. He turns 9 in a couple weeks and we're doing almost everything for his party in Mando stuff (even got Mando accessories like tablecloth, etc.)... by the way, anybody else notice how if you search Amazon or, pretty much anything else, you get the green toad eater ("the child")? Sheesh. I don't want the child, if I did, I would search for that, dang it. Gimme my MANDO!!!  :laugh:

Tyralon "Battle Medic" Sandreen
Oblate of Saint Benedict
Medically Retired, United States Army
"Air goes in and out; blood goes round and round. Any deviation of this is a bad thing" - the sum of all medical knowledge.

Two_Bears_HF

• Trantor Kies
« Reply #29 on: Aug 31, 2022, 10:33 AM »
Wow! You're kit looks awesome Vod!

I see why you like the blue on my design now lol. And I am totally stealing your handprint idea! That is great and I think my son will love to participate.

Once I have my kit ready, it will be time to work on his. The only real issue for that will be that he is growing like a dang weed lol. He turns 9 in a couple weeks and we're doing almost everything for his party in Mando stuff (even got Mando accessories like tablecloth, etc.)... by the way, anybody else notice how if you search Amazon or, pretty much anything else, you get the green toad eater ("the child")? Sheesh. I don't want the child, if I did, I would search for that, dang it. Gimme my MANDO!!!  :laugh:

Well, my kid turned 9 in January, so you can see about how much of a plate a 9 year old's hand takes up!

Two_Bears_HF

• Trantor Kies
« Reply #30 on: Sep 22, 2022, 08:17 PM »
Some update pics:

Sigil and Jaig eyes are applied:

« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2022, 08:21 PM by Two_Bears_HF » Logged

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #31 on: Sep 29, 2022, 08:52 AM »
Neat!

I like your spin on the mythosaur skull.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Two_Bears_HF

• Trantor Kies
« Reply #32 on: Oct 05, 2022, 09:58 AM »
Neat!

I like your spin on the mythosaur skull.

Thanks!

My gauntlets arrived yesterday, and I've taken a first pass at sanding out print lines and support remains. No pics yet, but I'll probably take some after hitting them with filler primer.

Two_Bears_HF

• Trantor Kies
« Reply #33 on: Oct 23, 2022, 06:05 PM »
With Hal-Con right around the corner, I've been going whole hog on finishing things up. Knees are still missing and will be MIA for this con, but everything else is wearable, for UM, if not complete.

Did a kit up today and man, do the gauntlets make a difference how it looks.

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #34 on: Oct 23, 2022, 08:00 PM »
Looking pretty good there vod. Definitely cuts the right figure, only need to (add your knee plates and) tweak it a bit. Keep it up!

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #35 on: Oct 26, 2022, 09:34 AM »
Making some good progress dude.

Chest plates look like they will need some more shaping/better attachments points as they are floating.

As second son mentioned, you will also need some knee armor but you are making great progress.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Two_Bears_HF

• Trantor Kies
« Reply #36 on: Aug 23, 2023, 09:50 AM »
It's been a bit since I updated this WIP thread, and I did forget to really document the build process of my knees, but I have them now!

My regional pre-app identified the ab-plate needs more shaping, and I'm working on that now.

Two_Bears_HF

• Trantor Kies
« Reply #37 on: Sep 17, 2023, 09:03 PM »
Got my fix list back, spent two weeks working on it, and then suited up again:

We’ve carefully reviewed your application and your photos, and while your costume is almost ready for approval, we do need to address just a few points in order to finish processing and approve your kit.

-Collar, Chest and Ab plates appear very flat and are all floating from the body.  Increased shaping side to side and top to bottom is required to better match the body.  Increased Attachment method will also help.
-Spacing between the Collar, Ab and Chest Plates requires consistency.  Shaping the Collar should help the spacing to the Chest.  The Ab Plate needs to be shifted to the Right.
-Ab Plate also appears to be overlapping the bottom of the Vest.  Recommend trimming the Ab Plate so the bottom is parallel with the Vest.
-The thighs and arms of the Flightsuit are baggy.  Tailoring is required to better fit the body while allowing for movement.
-Elastic Strap under the Boot needs to be color-matched or sleeved to match the brown of the Boot.
-Weathering is inconsistent.  While the fade from heavier Weathering at the bottom of the Kit to lighter weathering at the top is realistic there are Armor Plates and Soft Parts that aren’t consistent with this aesthetic/realism and require more Weathering to match.  Spats, Flight Suit, Girth Belt, Belt Buckle, Waist Items, Vest, Armor Plates, all require increased weathering to be consistent with what we are seeing on the Helmet and Knees.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!