Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Din Djarin Season 2 build

• 19 Replies

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Din Djarin Season 2 build
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2022, 09:36 PM »
So a lot has happened since I lasted updated this almost 8 months ago  :o

Armor is from RedMan Studios and is based off the GreatApe files. Made out of resin and Fiberglass with minimal 3d printed pieces. Lots of sanding happening now to get everything down shiny.  ;D

All of the paints for the non chrome parts. Based off research of the Din Djarin FB group.

So pretty much all of the armor has been sanded and I am in the process of getting details completed as well as getting the non chrome pieces painted. Goal is to get it approved around August of this year  :-X

Leather goods should be here soon and I still need to get the hang of the alumiluster but its coming along nicely  ;D

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #16 on: Apr 12, 2022, 07:13 AM »
A lot has happened indeed!

Glad you had success with the Montana Gold. I had to buy some aftermarket nozzles to get a good even flow.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 12, 2022, 03:04 PM »
A lot has happened indeed!

Glad you had success with the Montana Gold. I had to buy some aftermarket nozzles to get a good even flow.

That was a learning curve to be sure... Absolutely love the paint and how it looks and its durability, but that nozzle was about the end of me  ???

Couple more details done today

So while painting the knee found some places that I will need to go in and add some body filler as there were divots and bubbles that I didn't see early before paint. So more work to be done on that but trying to get something done each day so slowly but surely it will get finished  ;D

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #18 on: Apr 12, 2022, 03:06 PM »
Yay shin nubs!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
« Reply #19 on: Apr 23, 2022, 03:03 PM »
Here is another minor update. Got my leather goods in and they will need to be tweaked to get some of colors right. Also repainting the helmet and a couple of the other beskar parts as the finish underneath wasn't smooth enough and was showing bubbling from previous paint. YAY SANDING  :-\ 

Lighting is bad and gives the belt, bandoleer and holster a weird sheen. Left shin piece is going to need the most work as the middle strap is too dark and the middle band with the wrinkles is black when its supposed to be brown.

If you look closly on the ab plate you can see some of the bubbles I am talking about so I will need to resand it down and hit it with a better primer coat and repaint the alumaluster. Thigh plate may need it as well as there is some damage to the paint layer as well but I think that one should be fine if I weather it down.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!