Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Trevagg's Mando sniper ammo/padded armor accessories

• 5 Replies

Trevagg Bralor

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Trevagg's Mando sniper ammo/padded armor accessories
« on: Dec 28, 2009, 11:16 PM »
Here's a run down so far of what I've put together for the sniper build. These are attachments/accessories to my existing Beskar'gam. These are not intended to replace what I have but rather attach as needed for different missions etc.

The overall design of the accessories are meant  to be removed easily without compromising my existing design.

The additional ammo pouches have been added using an old harness from a golf bag I had lying around. The harness goes over the head and rests along the back of the neck (top of back armor) and drapes down on either side of the chest plates. Straps wrap around the arms loosely. The base of the main straps in the front clip to rings that are already attached to the ammo pouches on my existing waist belt.

Padded cod and thigh armor are going to attach using snaps and velcro. Still fitting these before I weather them. I chose padded armor for these areas as I felt the sniper should not need heavy armor so this was just to try to lighten it up a bit. The material is cut and shaped pieces of back packing rolled sleeping foam mat I picked up at a garage sale for $1. I liked the design it had on the underside.

"Make it fast! I've got a lot on my plate..."

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Trevagg's Mando sniper ammo/padded armor accessories
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:27 AM »
Looking good Trev.  I like how your combat suspenders are coming out.  They have the look of the nylon type the military uses, but wider at the bottom.  The padded armor makes alot of sense for a sniper since they would need to be light, on their bellies alot, and fast.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Hiram Fett

• Our enemies are judged by God,we arrange the meeting
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:25 AM »
I like it !

Those who hammer their blasters into plows will plow for those who did not.

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2009, 12:26 AM »
What an awesome idea with the soft armor parts. I actually thought about something similar but then changed my mind. I will watch this thread and see how it turns out for you.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2009, 02:13 AM »
Won't those pouches get in the way when you're place the butt of the gun between your shoulder and collar bone?

Trevagg Bralor

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:20 PM »
Won't those pouches get in the way when you're place the butt of the gun between your shoulder and collar bone?

Good point! There are other obstacles as well. Between the gauntlets on, the helmet and not to mention the chest plates themselves all limit your range of motion. I actually tested this movement and found that the butt of the rifle will be tucked in by the shoulder/upper bicep rather then collar bone. Not too bad.

"Make it fast! I've got a lot on my plate..."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!