Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bri'a's WIP Thread

• 0 Replies

Bri'a

Bri'a's WIP Thread
« on: Sep 02, 2021, 11:14 PM »
Hey Guys!

I have been lurking this forum for about a month to gather ideas and info. I started to dive into my build a few days ago once I gathered all of my crafting supplies. So, without further ado, here it goes!

First, I started working on my flightsuit. I bought a black Dickies jumpsuit for women. These come with multiple pockets, so all of them were taken off with a thread remover.

Next, I had to create the neck seal. I wanted this to be contained within the flight suit so that I did not have multiple pieces of fabric to keep up with. Upon researching, I saw that some people use a door sealant as a way to create a rounded and lined look. I sewed the collar together then lined the inside with a thin turtleneck. The turtleneck was to make sure all areas of the collar had fabric for the sealant to adhere to. This sealant has two rows, so I wrapped it around the collar four times to created a layered look. There is already adhesive included on the bottom of the sealant, but I decided to use some E6000 glue to make sure it stays put.

I also finally got my helmet! This was a 3D printed file bought on Etsy from SPbairsoft and printed by Idaho3DPrinting.

This is my first time doing anything like this, so bare with me lol. I sanded the edges and excess off first. Then, covered all over with Bondo. Once the bondo cured and dried, I sanded the crap out of it! After wiping it down good, I sprayed it with some Rustoleum Filler Primer. The first layer has been complete!! It is going to dry for the night. I am hoping to make another update this weekend. My goal is to get some actual paint on it before next work week.

I noticed when I sprayed the primer on, some parts of the helmet got "spots" where the paint accumulated more upon the beginning of each burst. Is there a way to avoid this? I tried to do short bursts and hold the spray can about an arms length away.

To be continued....   :porg2:

EDIT: I tried to add pictures and thought I did it correctly but obviously not. Can anyone help?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!