Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bri'a WIP

• 22 Replies

Bantha Rider

• Rend Bastra
Re: Bri'a WIP
« Reply #15 on: Sep 17, 2021, 10:02 PM »
Good luck I am sure it'll come out great! I will look for updates soon!! Saw that you had to get a new favric but I'm liking  the color scheme you have planned for it :D very unique!

Thanks!! Hoping to have some updates by tomorrow morning.

Clan: Naast
First Kit WIP Thread (APPROVED): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=202175.new#new

Bri'a

« Reply #16 on: Sep 20, 2021, 02:10 PM »
Got my flack vest and belt finished up!

For the flak vest, I took the straps from the military surplus suspenders and the deconstructed plate carrier together. The shoulder straps were made from a roll of faux leather I had bought and dyed. The straps were glued with E6000 then sewn for good measure.

For the belt, I wanted a few pouches to hold things and also work with the aesthetic. I purchased four used military surplus ammo pouches and a handmade cell phone pouch by Odran Krayt. The military surplus pouches were dyed black and then I weathered all of them with the misting of white spray paint. The front button on the cell phone pouch was painted silver to match the rest if the kit. All of these were put together on the belt.

Working on my holster, blaster, vibro blade, and sheath next!

DirkSteele

• We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas
« Reply #17 on: Sep 23, 2021, 09:56 AM »
Kit is looking fantastic! Great job integrating the splatter accident into the weathering.

Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la
"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you’ll be."

Bri'a

« Reply #18 on: Sep 25, 2021, 02:56 PM »
Kit is looking fantastic! Great job integrating the splatter accident into the weathering.

Thanks so much!!  :like:

Bri'a

« Reply #19 on: Sep 25, 2021, 03:11 PM »
I have finished my holster and am working on the armor now! The holster was bought from a military surplus store. I cut the straps from the top so that the blaster can fit it in without being scratched. This holster was already worn and beat up, so I didn't have to weather it!

I was originally going to have the holster directly on the belt "Western Style", but it seemed very constraining and looked off. I decided to create a way to have it hang on the side of my thigh. I took an old black purse strap and cut it up to create the straps which will connect the holster to the belt.

I punched holes in the back of the holster for the clips to connect through. The bare ends of the straps were connected to the belt through leather snaps and sewing. The middle portion of the holster will also have a strap which will run through the loop around my leg. I will work on this when I get to fitting the armor. Here is the product so far:

Next, I finally got my armor from Canaife Ordo Forges off of Etsy! I planned on having a few pieces to be "accents" with the same bronze color on my helmet. I forgot to take pictures of the bare sintra, but here are a few progress pictures:

Next is the weathering of the armor and painting of the blaster/vibroblade! Excited that this is all coming together. I am confident I will have this ready by Halloween lol.

Ad'eta

• Ellemijn
« Reply #20 on: Sep 25, 2021, 06:34 PM »
Wow this looks great! Loving the way you turned the holster into a leg holster. Looking forward to seeing the full kit once it's finished.

Bantha Rider

• Rend Bastra
« Reply #21 on: Sep 25, 2021, 11:06 PM »
Looking good!  :like:

Clan: Naast
First Kit WIP Thread (APPROVED): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=202175.new#new

Bri'a

« Reply #22 on: Oct 28, 2021, 09:14 PM »
After a long wait for my gauntlets from AprilStorm, they have finally arrived! I used this waiting time yo take a break from kit making and haven't done much.

I still have to paint and weather the gauntlets and it's accessories. Here is how they sit now.

I weathered the rest of the armor pieces and this is them now!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!