Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

How hard do you think skinning a Trandoshan would be?

• 21 Replies

Skudt

• Profile image is property of Brian Matyas
Cus I'm thinking about going that way for my kama and loin cloth. Any input? Thanks in advance!

"Don't make me work"
- Skudt

Dar Kyram

• Kyr'bes'alor
  • Mini-Mack the Mando MacNugget
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault
Re: How hard do you think skinning a Trandoshan would be?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2009, 05:15 PM »
I think it'd be kinda like skinning a crocodile or an alligator. That'd be pretty cool to see, actually. Everyone has their Wookiee fetish, so seeing a Trandoshan hide would be really unique. I like that a lot, really.

I'm Official Merc Member 220!

Gooble gooble gooble!

Skudt

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2009, 05:21 PM »
Thanks! It was kinda what I was thinking too. Now just to figure out which texture of faux reptile skin to go with. I'm thinking something copper brown because I'm also a fan of Bossk. Not that I skin the things I like. Its just that...never mind :P So yeah, Kama and loin cloth it is. Money, though. Money is the issue. Stupid money.

"Don't make me work"
- Skudt

Dar Kyram

• Kyr'bes'alor
  • Mini-Mack the Mando MacNugget
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2009, 05:46 PM »
I'd recommend just any kind of faux Croc skin. It'd be as close as I think you could get to Trando colors, 'cause most crocs are a sandy brown anyway.

And yes, dang that money issue!

I'm Official Merc Member 220!

Gooble gooble gooble!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2009, 11:58 PM »
Sen me your adress ner'vod! I have a large swath of dark brown faux croc skin i'm using for my kama and sword handle, etc.. I will cut you a  swatch of it so you know what to use.. Depending on what I end up needing measurement wise I may just send you the remnants I have. They might do for a loincloth.

You can click on my soft parts or weaponry thread links in my sig to see (albeit crappy) pics of the fabric in question.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2010, 01:27 AM »
You could carry some trandoshin scalps like most would carry wookie braids. You could take chunks of footballs and paint them up and put bits of rubber on them to make the horn thingys.

"What kind of gun was it?"

"The kind that puts really big holes in people."

Skudt

« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2010, 12:04 PM »
 Why thank you little bunny foofoo! XD I about laughed myself off my chair when I saw your name. Anyhow yeah I may do something like that but for now, I'm kind of a football activist. People kick and throw hundreds of footballs daily and its just not fair to them.

BUT also was wondering. Should I go with a sewn look for the kama and loin of should I go with a ripped and stripped look? I was already going to weather and blaster-fy it but was kinda on the fence about how it should look before I start.

"Don't make me work"
- Skudt
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2010, 10:01 PM »
There are enough different types of fabric like or similar to what I have that a sewn/bashed together piece would be awesome.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Skudt

« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2010, 10:17 PM »
see? thats what im talking about. Let me know how it all goes vod!

"Don't make me work"
- Skudt

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2010, 09:24 PM »
Not to resurrect an old thread ..... but what the hey !

How is this Build going ? 

This is what I did a few years ago , if it helps .

This Armor is the Next I have to Finish ....... Again
It's My Jungle ?  / Desert ?  Armor .....  :rolleyes: Depending on Flight Suit color & Kit .

I loaned it out , and now I have some shoulder bells to make again ....... >:(  Lost   >:(

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2010, 10:29 PM »
That...is....WICKED!  :o

Skudt

« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Holy crap thats FREAKIN AWESOME!

"Don't make me work"
- Skudt

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2010, 10:43 PM »
First, I imagine you'd have to make it drink a good ammount of alcohol. Then take it out to a lake, where there's not anyone around. Preferably at night. Then you just have be like "Man, it's hot. Sure would be nice to take a little swim."

And then it'll probably say something like 'HISSS CLIC LICK HISSSS." Translation "Oh, be we don't have any swimming suits."

And you'd have to convince it, that there's no reason to be shy, then turn your backs to each other and jump in the water real quick.

That's how you go skinning dipping with a Trandoshan.

Oh, wait...I read that wrong.  :o

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2010, 11:16 PM »
Heh, I've been calling my kama, girth-belt and vest (my old one) trandoshan hide for years now. What I used was Walmart's 'fashion nubuck' which comes in both lizard-hide-looking and croc-hide-looking. I actually just made the beginnings of a new trenchvest using the croc-hide nubuck tonight...but alas, my camera's batteries have died. However, tomorrow is the first day of Wizard World New England, so there should be pictures by the end of this weekend.

Also, at first glance, that armor just looked kind of funky. However, after looking at it a moment, it really does look pretty cool ;D.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #14 on: Oct 14, 2010, 11:17 PM »
Oh, wait...I read that wrong.  :o

Akwaaaard...  :P

Took a bit to grow on me, but that armor is pretty dang sweet.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!