Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Crispy Boba Build from "The Tragedy" WiP

• 7 Replies

ThatMooseThere

• My backpack's got jets!
Crispy Boba Build from "The Tragedy" WiP
« on: Sep 07, 2021, 04:21 PM »
This whole thing started out as just an awesome Halloween costume. But then I found the Mercs, and it has begun to take on a life of it's own. Throwing some pictures up to show some of what I've got going so far. Hand sewed the flak vest. Sourced the top, pants and screen accurate boots. Modified two sets of leather gloves. Have some materials printed. Mostly plate armor. Attempting bucket print next. Still trying to figure out how to post pics and stuff. Stay tuned. 

Bucket featured in full costume shot is a STAND IN ONLY...not for use with finished costume. Belt is also STAND IN ONLY...not for use with finished costume

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2021, 04:31 PM by ThatMooseThere » Logged

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
Re: Crispy Boba Build from "The Tragedy" WiP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2021, 04:42 PM »
commenting to follow :) we will keep in touch continuously through your build

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

ThatMooseThere

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2021, 11:16 AM »
Betting I'll need different gloves. Flak vest will be remade from scratch to display clean stitch lines; may need a complete redesign. No filler or sanding done to armor parts yet. Possibly dyeing fabrics (not flak vest) this weekend.

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2021, 11:42 AM »
good call on the gloves, the outers should also be leather

as for the vest, I see yours has lots of crossing stitching, the screen used version only has diagonals across the ribs. Should be the same as Cobb Vanth. The areas under the plates likely dont have any stitching. Are you sewing your own vests? if so - MAD props!

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

ThatMooseThere

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2021, 11:48 AM »
I'm sewing my own vests, but the stitching you mention is the quilted stitching of the fabric used. So yeah, back to scratch on that.

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Airmobile brigade member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2021, 02:08 PM »
Hey Moose, Nice start so far, here is a link that can help you find some of the parts you are looking for

it also has great screen caps that you can look at, as of now there is no CRL for post sarlac so you will be building off references, try and stick to the screen caps as there is nothing more accurate.

https://howtoboba.com/found-parts/

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2021, 09:40 AM »
I see some sanding in your future!

Both the inner and outer glove with need to be leather, or leather like material. 

Can I see the sides of your knee armor?  I'm concerned your print has a little different shape than the references.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

ThatMooseThere

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2021, 02:05 PM »
I see some sanding in your future!

Both the inner and outer glove with need to be leather, or leather like material. 

Can I see the sides of your knee armor?  I'm concerned your print has a little different shape than the references.

Filling and sanding, too right! I got the note about the gloves and have leather sets on order. As for the knee armor, I can post a better shot of the ones I have, but I am in the process of alterations and fixes to my file to more accurately reflect screen shots. (My original knees have blasters only on one side, and the positions are flopped. Working on fixing that.) Again, all this work I already had done for Halloween before finding you lot. I expect to have to do a complete build from scratch on nearly everything with few exceptions.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!